Riot shields... Cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Riot shields... Cheating?

I think in a previous thread i was discussing some form of cardboard on a frame that will eventually be comprised for fairness.

They should have disadvantages too:

Weight about 10kg
    Pistols only
    Grenades still kill you.

I think it could add some interesting dynamics to certain missions.
    Upcoming Games:
    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I like the idea about a shield that breaks down over time... although it would have to be fairly sturdy cardboard otherwise there would be no protection, probably the stuff used to make boxes would work well

I'm going to go have a think about this!!!
      Fire Team Zulu
      Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
      http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

I don't think it's cheating, though it maybe pushing the boundaries a bit, but blind firing is not allowed at most sites, and that, I think would be a problem when using a shield.
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickona View Post
          I like the idea about a shield that breaks down over time... although it would have to be fairly sturdy cardboard otherwise there would be no protection, probably the stuff used to make boxes would work well

I'm going to go have a think about this!!!
          Two or three layers or perhaps see how a coat of PVA would work
          Upcoming Games:
          None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
          Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

We used a ballistic/riot shield with sterling airsoft.. We got behind it in the long corridors and it covered us wile others room cleared.. You have to have 2 men atleast.. The shield man and a guy behind shooting back otherwise the shield man is left out in the open and your stuck and can't get to him.. Wile under fire it's hard for the shield man to shoot back and move forward at the same time.

swat use ballistic shields for many reasons, helps reduce explosion damage from a bomb/ flying bricks ect, bullets that reflect of walls can hit the shield. Officers also have a light on the shield they can switch on and off to blind a suspect and yes it does protect the person from actual bullets. Most have already been explained by others but

The ones I've seen and the ones given to us at sterling are just to cover the top half of the body but you can crouch to cover full body. Sterling said they are used as a first line of defence vs a defender to protect the attacker and his team wile advancing but are not 100%. in the real world they have saved lives according to sterling.

I can see how sterling would use them in there sanerios and how they are usefull but don't see how they would be usefull anywhere else.. Unless rules are explained in the brief and even then it could get confusing..
            And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Comment

Have seen the cardboard riot shields in use before, worked well as it didnt make you indestructable. The people with them were only allowed to use pistols or small smg. Best use i saw for them was for firing over their shoulders before they got jack-hammered into oblivion...

Comment

I have incorporated a shield into a game, basically all you had to do is get the shield to the back of a set of containers, it worked well, it's something different to just the normal attack and defend, it makes people think and have to pick their shots.

Comment

Comment

first time i have seen shields in action was at the outpost dunstable last month, two players brought them along and each team had one each,they were great fun, grenades killed them,and as it was cqb it wasnt impossible to get feet,elbows,helmets or gun shots, tactics wise,we used ours to better effect imo,than the other team as they would generally plant the shield and use it as cover,were we would stack up behind it and push out of corridor as quickly as possible
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

We have had the odd shield at Exeter skirmish. I have seen a young kid bring a full on riot shield and using his mp5k with it and nobody had any problems. They are easy enough to get around. We also had a couple of home made wooden ones dropped around the site randomly on some special events, but they would only cover a bit of the body.

Not my personal cup of tea, but as long as your site doesn't mind and people play fair with them then i don't mind.
                      "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
                      Working...
                      X