Mosfets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosfets?

I have an ICS m4 front wired split gearbox and am also planning to get a vfc 416 m27, I was just wondering if any of you techs out there know of some MOSFETs on the market that will work with these two guns.

Thanks.

Re: MOSFETS?

Budget? Closer to £10 or £100?
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Both have version 2 gearboxes, so on the cheap end you have do it yourself for eight quid's worth of components that will increase electrical efficiency and never conk out (if its well made), on the other end of the scale you'd be able to install a BTC Chimera (90 quid) that will transform how your gun operates - cycle completion, RoF control, burst modes etc.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I have one ICS with a fireworks beta MOSFET front wired and my main rear wired gun has a fireworks ares MOSFET. They work great.
        Just check what sort of trigger the VFC has. If it has a micro switch trigger some mosfets don't like them and can freak out and blow.

What do you want the MOSFET to do?
        Just reduce trigger wear and improve response- non braking MOSFET
        Reduce over spin plus all of the above- active braking MOSFET
        Programmable, lots of options, but more expensive.

I personally don't like the burst wizard fets because they sort of defeat the point.

If your fitting a proper MOSFET remember that you need to be competent with the inside of a V2 gearbox and your soldering needs to be good. Also be prepared to mod the internal wire runs in the gearbox because you will have to fit 4 wires where there used to be just 2.

Hope that helps.
        I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

A small debouncing capacitor and a much lower current rated microswitch (makes the armature in the switch weigh less) will fix any trigger bounce problems with AB fets
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks all yh I was just gauging what my options might be as far as budget is concerened I'm not that fussed, I want an active brake mosfet really but I'm not too worried about it being programmable and yes the vfc does have a micro switch trigger I believe. Btw I already emailed the guys at btc and got told the chimera will work in the ics but neither of their products will work in the vfc :/ the vfc is my priority really as the ics is an ongoing protect (otherise known as a pain in the arse, and the wallet lol)

Comment

What exactly did BTC say?

The M27 should just be the same gb as a 416. I can't see any mention of a micro switch either.

Could you paste their response please?
              Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Correction: it will work in the 416 but not the 417. I probably misread the email, sorry about that. :p

Comment

Ah good, that's what I thought. Good news for you!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CJC Find out more about CJC
                  Working...
                  X