Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Does anyone know of a tracer unit that can be used on CA MP5SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of a tracer unit that can be used on CA MP5SD?

As per the title, my mp5sd has a silencer that you twist on and off, is there a specific tracer unit that I can pop on to replace this?

Trouble is it would need to be specifically designed for purpose as there is no screw thread

Thanks in advance
    Damian

Re: Does anyone know of a tracer unit that can be used on CA MP5SD?

Iirc the old marui tracer units used to have a variety of adaptors and were designed as a drop in for the mp5sd. Whether or not the CA is that direct a clone of the TM is a different matter.
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

not quite. i have the CA BT sd6 and fitted an old Tm tracer unit to mine.
      short answer no, it wont drop in. you will how ever have to butcher it.
      the two lugs that hold the thread adaptor section on have to have the edges filed/cut away and the mound bit in the middle is the same for the end to fit on. Plus the cap the holds the batteries in has to have the ledge filed down so it can fit down the tube.
      Last edited by Darkmikey22; 13 July, 2013, 16:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
        Iirc the old marui tracer units used to have a variety of adaptors and were designed as a drop in for the mp5sd. Whether or not the CA is that direct a clone of the TM is a different matter.
        This man has a good memory.

The old TM Tracer units fitted straight onto my CA MP5 SD.

Comment

for some reason mine didn't. i had to butcher it greatly.
          my tube is just that bit too narrow for the endcap to fit down, then the endcap on the actual sd6 is completely solid, unlike the old tm ones which are hollow hense i had to cut away the lugs and mound so the end cap could screw on.

Comment

Wouldnt it be easyer to grab one of the acm traces from hk for 15 squid and then buture it to fit inside a spair ca sd scilencer also easily avalable in uk or hk?
            Heck you could even mod the acm scilencer to have a little rc transmitter lipo/life in there insted of aaa battrys.

Cant be that hard?

airsofters; better equiped than the real army

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I'm very much the sort of person who buys things which are fit for purpose, however no you mention it, surely I can get someone to fabricate some sort of adapter......... I'll have to speak to a guy, I'll let you know

Comment

But tinkering and bodging is half the fun of toy guns

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by damo8604 View Post
                  I'm very much the sort of person who buys things which are fit for purpose,

Well, you are going to be disappointed buying airsoft guns then.......................

Comment

Yup - you picked the wrong hobby with airsoft! It takes significant amounts of looking yourself (and I mean browsing through lists of 300 items on seller's websites) to find THE perfect item.

In my experience asking on here gets you no-where when you already know EXACTLY what you want and it isnt an M4 with a daniel defense/generic madbull rail system.
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Yay! got an airsoft wizard knocking an adapter together as we speak!

Comment

Huzzah!!!
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Picked up my tracer adapter today, custom made to fit. Couldn't wait for it to get dark so I could test it out! It works a treat and much better than anything I could have bodged together, we'll worth £30!

I would highly recommend this genius' work, if anyone else wants one I'd be happy to pass on his details to you

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

damo8604 Find out more about damo8604
                          Working...
                          X