Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic rules, for or against?

Hi guys

i recently played a game where the site had its own rule for players that are hit, 1 or 2 guys on each team where medics and when hit, instead of yelling hit followed by a slow trudge back to re-gen you knelt down, yelled medic and he would come in suitably heroic fashion and "heal" you (the medics had to tie a bandage around your arm or leg then away you went) one more hit then you were out and the long walk back to re-gen. i quite like the idea of it but i know alot of players who do not and was wondering what everyones opinions of it was?

Re: Medic rules, for or against?

Ive not been to a site that allows them yet, but i think its a great idea. Not only does it make some fights last a but longer but it can mean people have to think about different tactics to save people etc. Covering fire a bit more etc.
    That said... knowing you effectively have 2 lives on the field, i would imagine you could get alot of run and gun style tactics more often

Comment

We use them extensivly at Bluestreak except all players are qualified medics. You can pull a casulty to cover - a maximum of 6 foot and you need to have your hand on their shoulder whist giving a 10 count.

If the casulty is hit again during medic, they need to re-gen.
      If the medic is hit during medic'ing - he is now a casulty
      You must wait a miniumum bleed out time before simply re-genning yourself - normally 2 minutes, as this gives the enemy force the chance to press home their advantage from having hit you.

It keeps the game flowing and gives all players the chance to actually play. Depending on scenario there are X amount of medics before regen.

It can get a little complicated in a massive firefight, but generally it works well and keeps people on the trigger as long as possible, which is why you pay your money to play in the first place.

As cool and awesome as we are, nobody really wants to spend their day in the safe zone or at re-gen points with the marshals!

Comment

I'm a fan of the elected medics myself and not where everyone is a medic (although still better than no medics) As it ads a nice new level to the game where you have to look after your medic as he is key to your squads survival. And as a sniper I particularly enjoyed, identifying the opposing teams medics and going for them to disrupt things as usually its a 1:6ish ratio of medics to standard guys. Great fun.
        Cardiff University Airsoft Society
        Like our Facebook page.
        And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
        sigpic

Comment

I like the way Stirling airsoft run their medic system. Designated medics with a certain amount of medic tabs per regen.
          A person can be medic as many times as you want (In relation to how many medic tabs you have) but you have to take into account, if this person is dying so much, is it worth it to keep re-medic'ing them?
          When you re-gen after tasking, you can fill up your medic tabs again.

Very good system, much better than the whole idea of anyone is a medic etc
          IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Yeah I played a Stirling game and the rule was good, but played a Gunman AIRSOFT game and the rule was that everyone had one bandage each, but wearing realistic armour (filler and plate - didn't have to be real) got you an extra bandage, as did a ballistic type helmet (or replica).

If you went down some one would fix the bandage on your hit, using your bandage. If you were hit while down you were a serious casualty and had to be either driven or dragged back to base!

This system leads to casualties becoming a real problem on the battlefield and tying up lots of men, especially if they are seriously injured such as being hit while already down, or being blown up. Furthermore if a medic did not get to a casualty within X (can't remember how long) they bled out and became a serious casualty.

To mix it up a bit, wounded men on the ground could crawl to try and get back to their team for assistance.

Serious casualties required one of those wopping chest bandages!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

yup i like medic rules, everyone having a bandage etc, also means that to remain an effective force you must get to the wounded and heal them so it promotes team play and sticking you'r neck out for you'r mates.in a real war you would try to save you'r squad members ,just makes for a more immersive atmosphere.been standard in all ww2 games for year's.

Comment

the game i was the medic in each medic got 10 bandages and once you was out of bandages that was it hit players were taking to walk back to re-gen, downed players couldnt move but could be dragged to saftey by TWO players, meant you had to effectively risk 2 men to save one but have you tried to drag someone through woodland in full kit? lol its hard work :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                  Yeah I played a Stirling game and the rule was good, but played a Gunman AIRSOFT game and the rule was that everyone had one bandage each, but wearing realistic armour (filler and plate - didn't have to be real) got you an extra bandage, as did a ballistic type helmet (or replica).

If you went down some one would fix the bandage on your hit, using your bandage. If you were hit while down you were a serious casualty and had to be either driven or dragged back to base!

This system leads to casualties becoming a real problem on the battlefield and tying up lots of men, especially if they are seriously injured such as being hit while already down, or being blown up. Furthermore if a medic did not get to a casualty within X (can't remember how long) they bled out and became a serious casualty.

To mix it up a bit, wounded men on the ground could crawl to try and get back to their team for assistance.

Serious casualties required one of those wopping chest bandages!

that is awesome. take it you were palying a milsim game?
                  Last edited by felix80; 14 July, 2013, 22:49. Reason: double post, PC is playing up bloody thing
                  Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

Yeah it really made it proper exciting and the aim was to make you value your life and it did!

Gunman Airsoft were the people running it. It was great.

Comment

I play at Stormforce in Staffordshire. They use everyone is a medic with a 2 minute bleedout rule. It makes for great gameplay, as the team that medics works together. These teams usually win through the day. So is great for new players like me.

Comment

at larger istes its great, as said above it keeps people shooting for as long as possible.

at smaller cqb sites, i think its should only ever be a case of 1-2 medics per team, or non at all. games generally tend to be smaller and more fast paced, even having that 1 extra life per player can really slow things down.

i cant remember the name of the site (was nicknamed the Pot Factory due to previous uses) but they had a system very much like battlefields ticket system. 2 tubs at each teams re-gen, 1 full of poker chips, the other empty. when you where hit, you went back and put a chip form 1 tub into the other and then you where back in the game.
                        was very effective as the teams could easily be given a different amount of lives to simulate 1 side being larger than the other, without if being 5 guys against 20
                        For Sale!
                        TM M870 with a load of stuff
                        A&K massada sniper spec
                        Chronograph
                        leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                          We use them extensivly at Bluestreak except all players are qualified medics. You can pull a casulty to cover - a maximum of 6 foot and you need to have your hand on their shoulder whist giving a 10 count.

If the casulty is hit again during medic, they need to re-gen.
                          If the medic is hit during medic'ing - he is now a casulty
                          You must wait a miniumum bleed out time before simply re-genning yourself - normally 2 minutes, as this gives the enemy force the chance to press home their advantage from having hit you.

It keeps the game flowing and gives all players the chance to actually play. Depending on scenario there are X amount of medics before regen.

It can get a little complicated in a massive firefight, but generally it works well and keeps people on the trigger as long as possible, which is why you pay your money to play in the first place.

As cool and awesome as we are, nobody really wants to spend their day in the safe zone or at re-gen points with the marshals!
                          The medic rule also adds another level of tension, but what Loki didnt mention was that if the Medic is healing behind the casualty and the casualty gets hit, its a through kill and the Medic is now down as well not only does it give extra risk, but its nice to be able to fire one shot and get buy one get one free
                          Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Medic rules are by en large a good thing.

A brittac weekender I played had an interesting set of rules - each medic carried a pouch with 2 green, 2 red and 1 black poker chip in it. On getting to a hit player, the player would draw a chip. Green = back in, Red = player is dead, black = player and medic are both dead.

Any hit player has a five minute bleedout, which does mean you can completely clear a section of (in this instance) copehill without an insta-regen happening.

The only problem with this system was that I spent the hour and a half of the weekender having hit players pulling a black tag out of my pouch nonstop! got sick of walking about after a bit!
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

the medic rules at Bluestreak seem to do the job pretty well, keeps things interesting and its always fluid as you get one or two chances before its an automatic regen for you. so depending on how well you/the enemy are playing can depend on how many bodies you have at a particular point.
                              Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

alias_rm13 Find out more about alias_rm13
                              Working...
                              X