Dyeing Camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyeing Camo

Hey guys, anybody ever tried dyeing their camo, I once saw someone had dyed a set of acu using an OD dye, & it turned out quite well.(better than ICU lol)
    the camo i'm considering dyeing is german tropentarn (desert flecktarn), i've got a set on sale & i'm loathe to drop the price any more, virtually giving it away already lol.
    so i thought i might pull the thread & make up summat new with a pack of dylon, was considering using an OD shade ?, or anybody have any other suggestions for a dye colour that might look spiffing.
    dont want it to resemble bog standard flecktarn though, needs to be summat unusual.
    Ideas.
    cheers.
    mark

Before MTP some soldiers were dying their ddpm green and it looked really cool.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Dyeing Camo

My local army surplus dyed MTP before it became legal so they were able to sell it as it was no longer MTP. Some of them turned out okay. Two things to bare in mind. Do all items together and quickly, if there are any changes your trousers and shirt wont match. And also don't do the dye too strong as you end up with a flat colour and just little spots where the original camo is different enough to be seen, so lightly do it to avoid losing the camo pattern.
      Last edited by SunSpectre; 14 July, 2013, 16:06. Reason: typo
      Cardiff University Airsoft Society
      Like our Facebook page.
      And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
      sigpic

Comment

Have dyed desert dpm and it come out a treat. Pick a dark colour and the flecks will be different tones against. Looks pretty good
        Attached Files

Comment

Go for a lighter green doing DDPM and it really looks cool.

Comment

Green may be the next one lol but i do love my brown one

Comment

Yeah your brown looks cool, would look sweet with a CB PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                Yeah your brown looks cool, would look sweet with a CB PC.

Yeah it would lol doesnt look quite the same with this .... think i will have to find a ranger green dye if anyone knows anywhere?

P.s sorry for deviating from topic
                Attached Files

Comment

Ranger green dye can be got from the states, but I bet it won't end up ranger green unless you follow the instructions to the letter and start with something white!

Comment

thanks guys, all input appreciated.
                    i've already got DPM/VEGETATA/MULTICAM/MTP/AUSTRIAN BROWN FLECKTARN/US WOODLAND/BLACK loadouts, so I started to think about maybe doing something kinda away from what i have, maybe more urban, black would swallow any camo patterns, so i thought maybe a grey ?, they do one called antique grey ?.

Comment

I dyed my DDPM using Dylon dye. Have had some pleasant remarks about it as well. Will try and take a pic for you so you can see.

Comment

I dyed my ACU gear with black spray on dye. The results were exactly what I was after; (The BDU's were not dyed!)

You can always dye something darker, but you cannot dye it lighter, just bear that in mind.
                        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I've recently dyed some green fleck shirts black as I love the cut and quality of German kit but the pattern didn't match what I wanted. Worked well, but you still see some pattern through it up close. I was after a total black dye-job though, I guess you're after a subtle colouring of the backgroupd tan. I used a standard pack of dylon powder with two shirts if thats aye use to you.

Comment

Got the antique grey dylon, just waiting for the missus to be out of the house long enough that she don't catch me using her new machine lol.
                            i'll post up some pics when its done..............if i'm still alive

Comment

Run the washing machine on a quick rinse cycle with nothing in once you are done to remove any left over dye. Don't want other clothes being dyed
                              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tackle 53 & a bit fat now but still knackered. Find out more about tackle
                              Working...
                              X