Sun Wind & Dust Goggles airsoft safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Wind & Dust Goggles airsoft safe?

Noticed another thread about S10 gasmask lenses, and I'm in a similar situation with eye protection! Been looking at getting some Sun Wind & Dust goggles and I know from reading on a lot of airsoft forums etc that most players don't consider them safe at all (after all they are made to protect against dust, WIND and... SUNLIGHT! arghhh).

I've seen some surplus 'Ballistic lenses' for sale specifically for these type of goggles, but am not sure even if these 'ballistic' lenses would be safe. Anyone have any experience with these type of goggles? I know ESS NVG etc would be a lot safer, but for a retro milsim look the SWDG are what I'm looking at atm. I'm getting a set of ESS Ice ballistic glasses soon anyway, but just wondering about these goggles! thanks!
    Last edited by thrash gordon; 26 February, 2010, 13:29. Reason: typo

Re: Sun Wind & Dust Goggles airsoft safe?

you will need to look on the inner rim of the google frame mate ,

to see if the safety rating is stamped on there ,

it should be over EN166n i believe

if not they wont be able to be worn mate

Comment

Ah right, ok thanks. Here's the product desc of the replacement lenses: ''Shatterproof with ballistic protection. Genuine GI Government Issued. Made in USA. Grey GI shatterproof ballistic lenses for military goggles. This product is GSA Compliant. ''

Can also see from the pic that 'Ballistic Lens' is stamped on the lens. Bit vague though. Will have to wait and see until I get my hands on a pair.

Comment

I've bought cheap airsoft goggles before that came without any safety rating, due to being China made I assume, and they've held up fine. But the only way to know for sure is to test them, generally while not on your face!

Comment

You'd want to give them a pasting to make sure. Remember all it takes for a seller to claim ballistic rating, and you only find out when your eye is missing it was not!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thrash gordon Find out more about thrash gordon
          Working...
          X