Oh the shame !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh the shame !

My daughter works on a Emergency Medical unit at our local hospital.
    Yesterday they had a gent come in who had collapsed at his local airsoft site.
    Apparently he tried to explain airsoft to the A&E people but they didnt understand and put PAINTBALL injury on his notes.
    My daughter offered him her sympathies for this travesty, shes a former airsfter herself.
    Imagine the horror of being taken for a paintballer.
    You sir have my deepest sympathies and I hope the shame of this will soon pass.
    Oh and get well soon.

Nige
    The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Re: Oh the shame !

maybe they've have had several filthy paintballers b*tch out previously whilst this was their first encounter with rock hard airsofters...and so they assumed it was another body for the pile...

Hope the chap made a full recovery though

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

oh man, that poor guy.
      Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

I remember being rushed into A&E after falling down the stairs as I was vacuuming and carrying a fruit bowl whilst naked. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I had three feet of Hoover pipe with an orange stuck to the end jammed up my backside, but I still never felt as embarrassed as that poor guy would have done.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

classic.

This is a true story - I was working as a Nursing Auxiliary at my local hospital on the surgery ward and a lad came into us with an object lodged in his rectum. Now, this object was the end of a curtain rail, you know the kind that look like 6 strands of metal twisted together to form a nice shape?
          well it was one of those. Now, we all know the old excuse of "i fell onto it", this was his actual excuse.

He claimed he fell down his stairs and landed precisely onto the end of a curtain rail.

And then theres the story of a convict from HMP Bullingdon who came into us with abdominal pain and on examination of an xray it was becasue he had a mobile phone up his snicker-cubby because he was dealing drugs from prison.

The xray went missing shortly afterwards.

Good times.

Comment

why don't these people just admit they love a bit of cock-a-doodle doo?

We stopped burning people for this sort of thing a while ago.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

Mine was a genuine "Accident" as I almost choked on the banana I was carrying in my mouth at the time.
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I hope you didnt clench too tightly and hurt the hamster that was wedged up there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
                  I hope you didnt clench too tightly and hurt the hamster that was wedged up there too.
                  I always assumed that was medical in confidence? Thanks for letting the hamster out of the tube so to speak.

Comment

not me you gotta worry about bro, RSPCA want a word

Comment

You bought up old memories here! I thought I could get past this,
                      I too have had the shame of Pai£$£$£ written on a medical sheet. I only tore a ligament in my leg after a gallant change in to base and gravity that bitch helped me down the hill too fast! To say the pain went away the moment I saw the notes is a understatement rage is wonderful thing, I hopped of the bed and ran out A&E not before I grabbed my unfit for work sign of sheet.
                      Apparently once a note is written it can't be unwritten! I've seen tipex and what it can do, these people are animals!
                      "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                      Life in the fast lane........
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfen View Post
                        they didnt understand and put PAINTBALL injury on his notes.
                        Imagine the horror of being taken for a paintballer.
                        You sir have my deepest sympathies and I hope the shame of this will soon pass.
                        Oh and get well soon.

Nige
                        My condolances to his family..lol.
                        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

My Step-mom works for the NHS Direct service on the phones, she was telling me of how she's had calls where people have...well, if I say it had to be removed from a kettle...radiator...etc

Some guy also had to have a whisk removed from where the sun doesn't shine.

Must be such a good job.

Hope the chap makes a full recovery though! I mean, being called a paintballer is a pretty hard thing to get over
                          IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wolfen Anzio Marshall. Been into airsoft since 99, marshalled for most of that time. Find out more about wolfen
                          Working...
                          X