Facebook gun sales, is it just me???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook gun sales, is it just me???

Ok, having had a couple of conversations with players over the last week or so, it would appear my thoughts have hit a nerve.

Facebook gun sales, surely this is unregulated and only a matter of time until this royaly bites the sport in the arse.

This is due to not everyone selling on Facebook actually cares if your UKARA registered or even an Airsoft player, all they care about is the sale. Therefore this results in anyone picking up a RIF and negating the systems in place UKARA or otherwise?

Also how long will it be until the criminal fraternity catch on to this, and with an added word or phrase known only to the ones that matter, start to sell firearms on Facebook groups designed for Airsoft sales?

Or am I being too cynical to have concerns regarding this practice??
    http://www.thegaolevents.com

Re: Facebook gun sales, is it just me???

Nope. You aren't the only one.

As far as I know, sales of airsoft guns is prohibited on Facebook.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I would have thought that gun sales would have been prohibited, but the amount of Airsoft Sales Groups on there is rising??

Comment

As far as i know, the sale of ANYTHING on facebook is agaist their terms.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

There are a few pages on there. I put my G36 for sale on there and sold it. But i did have alot of offers for it from kids, one only 14 trying to pass it off saying his dad was Ukara Registered and stuff but his Number wasnt listed so i reported him.

However the guy i did sell it too was over 18 and was registered! If you aren't as observant as i am when it comes to our sport and rules there would be alot of kids out there running the streets with what daddy just bought them!

Martin
          If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

dodgey as f*ck.

Ether I am getting old or 90% of people wanting to buy guns on the cheep look 13. Good source of bits a pieces though with easy communication. Shame they are badly moderated.
            Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

not all groups are as open.
              One or two that im on actual somehow have a way to regulate the under 18 users.
              Because they are closed groups I think its probable that they look at every account before adding it, and if your under 18 your not accepted. Not quite sure how its done but it does work.
              Plus one of them has a thing where if you try and buy a rif without a ukara, you are booted from the group and name passed to the local site affiliated with the sale/swaps group.

Plus I have always been asked for a ukara on my ones

Comment

As per a previous discussion, an individuals defence is a fairly subjective issue and as such UKARA is just one way to prove your defence.

I'm a member of a skirmish sites Facebook group and I wouldn't think twice about listing and selling a rif to someone on the site.

Maybe I'm radical, but it takes radicals to challenge the status quo, and if said status quo is b*ll*cks then there is a place for radicals.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

im a member on several of these groups, my main one has banned under 18 users. and we DO have a way of monitoring even if they make a "older" account!

i buy and sell using the groups, and in a way i think its a bit better than the forums!
                  Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Why is selling on FB (through a Group) any different to selling on Zero in.
                    By the very nature of FB you either have to be part of one of the many Airsoft groups, usually quite small and in the case of the couple I'm a part of I know quite a few of them, also the moderation/admin are usually on very regularly keeping an eye on proceedings.
                    Or you have to know the person selling to you/buying from you in some way.

On here you have thousands of users, many probably under 18, with 100s of sales threads watched over by a I'm betting 5-10 maximum dedicated mods. (and BAMF)

I don't see buying/selling on FB as anymore dodgy than trading on here, in fact you can get way more info on someone on FB than you can on here.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                      5-10 maximum dedicated mods. (and BAMF)
                      you forgot the god LOKI whos been on it like a champ lately.

I agree, most groups are site groups. So most people will know each other in some way or another
                      Last edited by Darkmikey22; 15 July, 2013, 20:30.

Comment

I think it's rather dodgy regulation wise but at the same time, if you do make a sale on facebook and the guy rips you off at least you could be much closer to: contact details,addresses,contacts and what not. Sales and safety wise I don't see a problem with it.

Comment

I personally think it is different to forum sales, mainly due to how many of us would buy, or sell, to a guy with 1 or 2 posts and a recent join date?

Whereas on Fbook you don't have this to check etc, speaking to guys who have bought on Fbook they have said it is very rare to be asked for any details asto a defence to buy when purchasing, as I said there are responsible sellers and buyers however there are plenty who also sell/buy with impunity and Fbook is very unregulated in this manner??

In comparison your treated like an international arms dealer when trying to sell the majority of Airsoft parts etc on Ebay??

Comment

Originally posted by MariaCastro View Post
                            I think it's rather dodgy regulation wise but at the same time, if you do make a sale on facebook and the guy rips you off at least you could be much closer to: contact details,addresses,contacts and what not. Sales and safety wise I don't see a problem with it.
                            That's it I'm part of a group called "Midlands" Airsoft Sales, ok The Midlands is quite a big area, but I must say I'd be happy to travel anywhere in The Midlands to ensure my buying experience was smooth and within any and all laws, I've had quite a few guys buy and collect from me without any issues whatsoever.

If you the seller don't do the relevant checks be it here or on FB its your lookout if you sell to the wrong person.

Comment

Originally posted by MariaCastro View Post
                              That's pretty rich coming from someone who just listed a sales thread containing a load of images lifted directly from an American forum from six years ago. Also posting the text "More of a lurker than a poster" despite spamming the board with six detailed posts in thirty seconds!

I'm calling shenanigans on you.
                              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shotagain Find out more about shotagain
                              Working...
                              X