Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Using a shoulder or grab bag as opposed to a vest or chest rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a shoulder or grab bag as opposed to a vest or chest rig?

Been looking at this idea for a while now of carrying your gear in a small bag

I do alot of sniping and find it very annoying wearing a molle belt, vest or chest rig and trying to craw around whilst it collects dirt and the rest of the forest floor as well as coming loose and flailing around everywhere

With sniping not alot of gear is required; the sniper mags (rather small) and a secondary and a couple of mags for that

What are your thoughts on this?

Has anyone had any success with using a bag to carry their gear on the field?

Thanks

Re: Using a shoulder or grab bag as opposed to a vest or chest rig?

I use one with an M249. Fits 2 spare box mags and 6 STANAG mags fine. Only problem is it can be a bit tedious on one shoulder after a while.

Comment

I use a Pantac EV universal low profile molle chest rig as a kind of satchel (the straps are removable and can be repositioned), google it and you'll see what I mean, carries everything I need when I'm using my MP7, including 5 spare mags, a bottle of gas, BBs, speedloader, pyro and snacks.

Comment

Inb4 iNk posts about his tactical bag that carries propane and two rifs in haha. Nah my as i said he uses a tactical onestrap bag and runs around with an his propane, ammo, acm m500, maruzen vz61and glock 26. Used to have a tm trishot m203 that also fit in the bag so theyre pretty damn good if you do it right . He used to holster a gemtech oasis in the front of the strap quite niftily too
        Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Used one for a bit, but found it to tempting to keep putting extra stuff in. Also found that would move around alot when moving.

Comment

Originally posted by airsoc View Post
            Inb4 iNk posts about his tactical bag
            I'll take the stage from here...

Yes, I have a Hazard 4 Evac bag and it is without a doubt the most indispensable piece of gear I have. It is highly modular. You can literally securely strap two rifles to either side of the bag whilst having one in the middle, inside. You can also put a pistol/smg holster on the back and on the front strap.

Because it has a single, thick strap that goes over your shoulder instead of two straps like a normal bag you have total range of motion with your arms. If you did that sort of thing you could quite easily climb a cliff face all the while carrying 3 rifles on your bag.

When it's properly adjusted it doesn't shift, it doesn't budge, it doesn't wiggle. You can run full bore with this thing. Sick of carrying it? Take it off and leave it mid firefight. There are no straps to undo whatsoever.

That's it. I swear I don't work for Hazard 4...

Comment

I actually found it on several occasions easier to just use a butt pouch attached behind you attached to your belt.
              For when im sniping found that the shoulder bag kept slipping down off my back or got caught in vegetation and was very annoying. where if you turned say a ddpm ammo grab bag into a butt pouch like I have, it makes life so much easier.

Comment

5.11 Bailout/grab bags are another excellent choice, plus they have a small Velcro loop that can be opened and wrapped around a belt, to ensure it stays in place while running around and jumping over small obstacles or through windows/window frames.

I lent my one to my girlfriend for her first skirmish, and she was able to fit four MP7 mags in two of the mag pockets, plus two high caps for my M4, in the remaining pocket, if I needed them (I was mainly using my MK.23 SOCOM pistol instead on that day), and it makes a great choice for doubling as a dump pouch for empty mags too!!

And they have the added bonus of MOLLE/PALS webbing on the outside on the end pockets, and on the inside.

Fantastic, decent bags with plenty of potential, if you ask me.
                Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

If you want light weight and low profile get s MOLLE belt and pouch it up, basically webbing.

It'll carry the load spread on both shoulders and on both sides of your body... Has worked for the worlds armies for a hundred years!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I used an old field medic satchel once to play a game, worked quite well. Can't see it working to well in sniping roll, what about a bandoleer type webbing and hang pouches to the side but still accessible. Blackhawk make one that's quite sexual.
                    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                    Life in the fast lane........
                    sigpic

Comment

as a sniper would a simple belt rig with a couple of mag pouches, maybe a drop leg for a side arm? i cant imagine you would need anything you you cant put in a pocket/on the belt
                      For Sale!
                      TM M870 with a load of stuff
                      A&K massada sniper spec
                      Chronograph
                      leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

ive used a small "recon" bag and a bit larger messenger style bag, both have molle on so you can add pouches if you want.

one major problem I had was that it always wanted to slide round to the other side it was secured from but other then that was pretty good both can hold a c-mag for a mg36, water, grenade gas and ammo bag so for the day I was using it, it carried everything I wanted as I had my sawn off on my thigh, was a WAAAY better choice to go with on the day (20+degrees) then my normal chest rig.

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

I have an issue "grab bag" that works really well. Stanag and 40mm pouches on the outside, but with a couple of great in-theatre mods - a zip in the top flap means it can work as a dump pouch, whilst the addition of a roll pin waist belt stops it sliding around. Carries plenty, spreads the weight, and doesn't flap around when dodging rounds!

Comment

I often use my WAS grab bag, it's got 3 double m4 pouches on the front. If I want a change or a light set up I chuck some gas and 4 vector mags in a couple I pistol mags and some bbs and away you go.

It has a radio pouch and loads of room for a small bag, it also has a waist strap if you want to stop it bouncing on the run although I've never needed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are certain companies that make 'sniper belts' obviously can't name them on here but can be easily found online, these tend to be smaller and lighter than traditional battle belts

I suppose it does depend on exactly what you want to carry, a rigger belt with drop leg panel for a couple of mags, drop leg platform for secondary on the other leg and a large utility pouch on the back may serve your purpose as well, that's exactly what I use to run very lightweight in hot weather, gives great mobility and doesn't collect crud when you get low and dirty
                              And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mike1967 Airsofting for a couple of years now and enjoy it Find out more about mike1967
                              Working...
                              X