X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most accurate aeg... Ever

Hi,

I came to airsoft from a real steel shooting background from New Zealand. The one thing that I have always tried to achieve is the best possible accuracy. I learned to shoot in such a way that every time I pulled the trigger a little black hole appeared in the target where the cross hairs had been positioned; so what I cannot abide is my shots falling short or swerving off at the last second in a skirmish.

So here is my question, I would like a rifle that can hit someone in the head at 70 meters consistently. I don't care how much it costs, I don't care what I have to upgrade it with, ptw aeg or gbb but I want to be able to make those one in a million shots, and I want to make them one after another.

Is it possible and if so how?

Many thanks
    sigpic

[PTS ACR Masada DMR][APSxLonex Guardian Match][PTS PDR-C][KWA Glock 18c][My Instinct]

Re: The most accurate aeg... Ever

What you are asking for at 350 FPS is as far as I know scientifically impossible.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Ok, what is the closest I can get then?
      sigpic

[PTS ACR Masada DMR][APSxLonex Guardian Match][PTS PDR-C][KWA Glock 18c][My Instinct]

Comment

Spring snipers have much better consistency than AEGs so this may be something to consider.

Comment

The ballistics and physics, not to mention the quality of parts/BB's just do not allow for that kind of consistency

You are not dealing with anything in anyway consistent with a bullet or the way it's fired so pretty much as said above, just be happy with what we have and remember its a game, for fun, nothing more chap
          And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I realise that to an extent is is physically impossible but if I wanted to build the most accurate aeg that WAS physically possible, where would I have to go?
              sigpic

Comment

some form of dmd, some form of r-hop, 400ish fps, try and get decent grouping at 40-50m? probably the best your gunna get
                For Sale!
                TM M870 with a load of stuff
                A&K massada sniper spec
                Chronograph
                leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Currently AEG wise, a PTW is your best bet, with the Tac modded hop unit or the STTS hop unit.

Comment

Your best bet is undoubtedly a Polar Star, which is by far the most consistent system currently available to airsofters - it's resistant to changes in temperature and pressure, regulated at least twice, and extremely precise. That plus some sort of R-hop would be your best long-range combination.

Also, and I don't mean to be unkind, but this:

Originally posted by XLR8ING View Post
                    I learned to shoot in such a way that every time I pulled the trigger a little black hole appeared in the target [...] I want to be able to make those one in a million shots, and I want to make them one after another. [...] I arrive, people get shot many times, I leave
                    ...sounds a little wanky. This is a game, not a fanfic.

Comment

There are limits to any AEG/Gbbs potential, and i'm afraid your ambition exceeds them.
                      "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

To the OP,

Maybe consider real target shooting in the UK, airsoft doesn't seem to be your bag. The other option is laser tag or whatever they use over at Warfighters......

Comment

you might be able to get the range with an ER-Hop combined with an LRB however these both take a long time to finely tune and you will never get head shot accuracy from an aeg
                          PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Agree with Danhc, Do your research. I used to be a Target shooter and miss a rifle that can match but you learn through experience and adjust for each shot. Consitancy is hard to get though esp from an AEG, Welcome to the obsession of consitancy in Airsoft.

I would recomend a Polar star fusion engine because it can produce FPS results with +/-1 FPS a 450mm ORGA 6.23 Barrel and a VERY good hop unit with an ER Hop. A difference to this would be a LRB very finely tuned with the ER hop on a prom 6.05 barrel. You would have to look into things like Bore lapping and additional crowning on the barrels too. All of this work would have to be custom done ( i dont mean like people say CUSTOM M4 with a differnt stock) i mean like find the people that have great review of fitting all these systems and a good quality service. You would have to use the best Ammo (wont go into that now) and have the best anti wobble or vibrations kits you can find.
                            You could go down with an AEG and then you would have to go through a WHOLE lot more work on the gear box and other things to get the minimum possible FPS difference in each shot, About Normaly. 3 +/- b

All of this would take hours of research.

You would also have to be Obsesive with your weapon cleaning after each game i mean rubbing alcohol and metal polish to a top factory car standard. All of which take hours.

And after all of this and even after so much fine tuning you will want to run down a cliff, You still will not get the consitancy of the accuracy you seem like your looking for. but it would be about as accurate as you can make an airsoft weapon.

OR you could be made happy by playing CQB and a traser unit and dial in the beam.

Comment

I don't worry about accuracy, i buy my BB's in thousand's and not dozens, If i miss the first shot I have a few k more little round white Bas*ards i can try and hit with..

You shouldn't be aiming to shoot shooting people in the head anyway!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

XLR8ING Find out more about XLR8ING
                              Working...
                              X