Collapse

Airsoft shooting competitions England?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsoft shooting competitions England?

Google Mike Cripps and go to the first result. He will know where to point you.

As a side note, try your local shooting clubs as many do some kind of practical pistol. i know my Local one in Barnet does (both airsoft and co2 air pistol), I am considering going down there for a little play to ease the need to shoot stuff between skirmishes!
    Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. It'd be nice if there was a discipline for airsoft pistols but it looks as if the Action Air element of UKPSA is entirely CO2 based but I've emailed the folks at actionairshootinguk.com to try to find out more.
      Things I hate:
      1. People who hate things.
      2. Irony.
      3. Lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Slava View Post
        +1 to the above. Target shooting with airsoft guns is just not possible. The closest you might get is IPSC-style competitions, though I'm not aware of any ongoing ones.
        There is an IPSC event here on the Isle of Wight on 3rd/4th august. People coming from all over. Its not my scene personally, but I hear there are 80+ competitors down and some of the UK's top ranked shooters attending. Facebook group is FPSIOW.

Comment

Loving that En français, les règles ne comptent pas

allo-allo-arthur-bostrom-as-officer-crabtree-2.jpg

Gid Moaning!

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

I've been doing a bit of research on the AIPSC, spoken with a few people and I've watched some videos on YouTube. With all due respect to the organisers, they're charging £80 for two days and it looks like they're just shooting at cardboard plates/boxes in a church hall or something.

Personally, I don't think that is worth £80 for two days when you compare it with the Ground Zero National Airsoft Event.

Anyway, I'm currently looking into whether there is any appetite amongst us airsofters to get a monthly/quarterly shooting competition organised that better mirrors the IDPA events that are primarily held in the US. Check out some "IDPA" videos on YouTube for some examples of what I'm going on about but I'll keep people posted and if you do have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions, etc. please do reply here on the thread or PM me.
            Things I hate:
            2. Irony.
            3. Lists.

Comment

ambush adventures do or did "practical pistol" , its a pop up target style course ,you shoot targets as you go round the course and get points and time score's ,don't know how popular it is or was or if it's still going.

Comment

Elite Action Games have a Practical Pistol range set up at their Dorking site, but its just for a bit of fun at lunchtime. There was even a 'Hollywood roll' section a la the S.W.A.T. movie until a marshal dislocated his shoulder.........
                (You roll onto your shoulder Fubar Phil, not onto an outstretched arm.......)

Comment

For aipsc shooting in the uk try - aipsc.co.uk or actionairshootinguk.com as said above mike cripps runs northern practical shooting club in burley. The grange airsoft site holds a few practical pistol comps a year and also this October they hold the practical airsoft shooting European championships headed by the airsoft surgeon. I know all this as before coming to airsoft I shot practical pistol.
                  KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
                    Google Mike Cripps and go to the first result. He will know where to point you.

As a side note, try your local shooting clubs as many do some kind of practical pistol. i know my Local one in Barnet does (both airsoft and co2 air pistol), I am considering going down there for a little play to ease the need to shoot stuff between skirmishes!
                    I've been there once, unfortunately with young kids it's a bit too far for me to go regularly. The guys there are very cool, very into their shooting (duh lol). I had an absolute blast, and will definitely return when the little demons get a bit bigger..

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
                      Barnet's pretty local to me! Where's the shooting club?

Comment

I contacted Parkstone Gun Club and Christchurch Gun Club in Dorset and neither are doing or are interested in doing anything related with Airsoft guns unfortunately.

I spoke with H at Ground Zero who has shown interest which is quite promising. Just need to get the NAE out of the way and some information over to him and see where it leads...
                        Things I hate:
                        2. Irony.
                        3. Lists.

Comment

The AIPSC in Coventry is only £5 every monday night.
                          The £80 for 2 days is a training course with The Airsoft Surgeon.

The European competition in October is only £40 for the 2 days.
                          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq182 View Post
                            The AIPSC in Coventry is only £5 every monday night.
                            The £80 for 2 days is a training course with The Airsoft Surgeon.

The European competition in October is only £40 for the 2 days.
                            My mistake. That's not so bad then I suppose. The training course would be quite interesting. Do you do the AIPSC events? If you do what are they like?
                            Things I hate:
                            2. Irony.
                            3. Lists.

Comment

I do. I study at Cov uni so a bunch of us are there most nights during term times.
                              Yet to do a competition, but will be entering the October one, after missing the one a few months ago at the same place.

The training is mainly done in the hall, however there are also Sunday practice sessions that are sometimes done outside.

The last competition was also held outside, making good use of the outdoor skirmish site they also have there. So a good amount of room clearing etc. There are also props etc to be used, including a dummy hostage manikin.

If you're anywhere local, just pop in and give it a go. It's only £5 for 2 hours so you can get a good sighter for it.
                              It is competitive shooting, but its usually a bit of a laugh too.
                              Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Sounds spot on. Unfortunately I'm in Dorset. Might do the competition though.
                                Things I hate:
                                2. Irony.
                                3. Lists.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dutch Classified Find out more about Dutch
                                Working...
                                X