Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

The best M14 out there? Tokyo Marui or G&P?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The best M14 out there? Tokyo Marui or G&P?

I'm the complete opposite to Welshy

I bought a TM m14, spent a fortune kitting it up to look like how i wanted (No internal upgrades) Used it in 2 skirmishes and was ridiculously disappointing, Biggest waste of money in airsoft for me

Buuut, i did manage to get a KART m14 of a mate about a year later, just for the opportunity to spray it in a winter camo and stick it on the wall. Then i got to use it The thing is superb, it pisses all over the TM i had and sails a .28 with immense accuracy.

Its had 2 previous owners, god knows how many thousand BB's put through it, the original JAE stock got snapped in half but it still fires like a champ. Never been serviced either. My mate is still trying to buy it back off me :P

I'm not saying Go and get a KART as it appears I got the best one ever made, but don't rush out and spend a fortune on a TM m14 just to rip the guts out.You can pick up an ACM m14 for about £140 new, they are TM compatible so the upgrades will be endless

Comment

Re: The best M14 out there? Tokyo Marui or G&P?

Haha coz that's very interesting!

But I'm surprised at your TM M14 not being any good! We must've had 20 M14s spread over a few years in our team, probably half being TM which have all been as flawless as their reputation suggests!

I personally had the Kart EBR.. Which only shot well initially because it was 390fps out of the box!!

Of course none are drastically better than the other, but for all the brands I've seen/owned the TMs have performed the best stock, have nice (but G&P nicer!) externals, much more confidence inspiring internals - better noise and shimming, not greased with sewage like the Chinese guns, and don't have half the pot metal that the cheaper ones (esp Kart) have!

I have always found the hop units wonderful not only because they seem to shoot further stock than the others, but because the adjustment is much more precise, and affects the bb more delicately. It also seems to be much more consistent, and stay correctly adjusted for longer.

But hey, what works for some doesn't always work for others

Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ChristianK90 Find out more about ChristianK90
      Working...
      X