Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

On a set budget, what would you buy? Read carefully before posting ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a set budget, what would you buy? Read carefully before posting ;)

Decent to high end manufacturer budget challenge:

Just been sitting down and chilling tonight, and just had what I feel to be an 'ah-ha' idea for a discussion:

A double-digit budget price challenge, if you will, with an imaginary budget that goes from £10 to £99 on the dot, so not £9.99p or £99.01p, what would you buy that fits within that budget range, from spare/replacement parts, to spare mags, to accessories, such as vertical forgrips, to red dot optics of all descriptions, whether it's just one item, or multiple items? (Out of stock items count as well!!)
    I'll start: I would buy a TM Gindan series Glock 26 in black - about $19.99 from *distributor*, not counting shipping
    ... TM Gindan speed loader: £5.80 from *retailer*, free postage
    300 TM Silver .12g BB's: $2.30 from *distributor*, not counting shipping
    Total price, at the time of writing/typing this, following US Dollar to GBP Pounds Sterling currency conversions, and not counting shipping: £20.40p

I thought of this as an example to try and prove to the newer/younger/less-informed airsofter, that you CAN obtain some decent, good quality stuff, without having to pay out too much, and still have some casual, back garden paper punching/plinking fun, or even go skirmishing on a small, but still reasonable budget. So pick any product from a decent to good quality manufacturer, such as TM, G&P, VFC, G&G, and the many others that are too numerous to list.

To put this small challenge simply, the item, or list of items, must be £10 or greater in the total price, but also £99 or less, AND be from a decent to high end manufacturer. So have a go, you may even surprise yourself and others, and no tactical gear/equipment, guns and gun-related accessories only, and spare/replacement parts. GO GO GO!! :-D

(I hope everyone can understand what the general idea of the thread is, and can keep it on topic!! )
    Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Re: On a set budget, what would you buy? Read carefully before posting

TM Spring G3A3 - £64.07
    2200 Excel .25g BBs x2 - £15.90

Total: £79.97

That spring G3 has a 330 hi-cap and has genuinely great range, seems really good!

- - - Updated - - -

TM Spring G3A3 - £64.07
    2200 Excel .25g BBs x2 - £15.90

Total: £79.97

That spring G3 has a 330 hi-cap and has genuinely great range, seems really good!
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

How much is Marius centimetre master thing? One of those!

Comment

JG G36C from the EU, £88.16 plus shipping
        Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
          How much is Marius centimetre master thing? One of those!
          There's at least three to four versions of just that pistol alone, by the looks of it!! (and a quick bit of Google fu ):

Gas NBB
          Spring
          EBB AEP
          GBB (from what I can gather, may be another NBB version though)

But all of them fit the price range/budget, plus it's a shexshee looking sidearm in my eyes!!

Legion 412

Comment

Originally posted by bigshep View Post
            JG G36C from the EU, £88.16 plus shipping
            tl;dr?
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Sweet Jesus, what the heck does tl;dr? mean... I mean bloody text speak on a forum, English man, just type English please, if only for us old feckers.
              Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Tldr simply means 'too long, didn't read'
                Obviously casting aspersions that the author didn't read the OP.

Of course that depends on where you rate JG. The JG blue motor is highly rated in 'high speed' circles, for example.
                Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Erm nothing as £99 is not good enough a budget .

Now if you gave us £150 top limit that would open up a whole world of possibilities like the G&G CM16s, TM pistols and ICS / CA Sportlines.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                    Erm nothing as £99 is not good enough a budget .

Now if you gave us £150 top limit that would open up a whole world of possibilities like the G&G CM16s, TM pistols and ICS / CA Sportlines.

'FireKnife'
                    It doesn't necessarily have to be a RIF, I did say accessories, and spare/replacement/aftermarket parts can be in your 'shopping list' as well... Please tell me you read the first post of this thread... :p

And it is possible to obtain a TM pistol for under £99, as someone pointed out a few posts further up, but that said, what would you get within that price range, FireKnife? I'd bet it would be something pistol-related

Legion 412

Comment

Originally posted by L3w151988 View Post
                      There's at least three to four versions of just that pistol alone, by the looks of it!! (and a quick bit of Google fu ):

Gas NBB
                      Spring
                      EBB AEP
                      GBB (from what I can gather, may be another NBB version though)

But all of them fit the price range/budget, plus it's a shexshee looking sidearm in my eyes!!
                      There isn't a GBB one. I got my NBB 10mm CM from Zero One about 5 years ago, cost £25 and spare mags were £5. No hop up though. They also sold the Wilson Super Grade, but what I really wanted was their Steyr GB. Love that pistol, had a moveable slide too.

Comment

You can't even buy clone Crye AOR1 for £99... How can you expect to play for that?

/trolllin'

Comment

Dammit. I was thinking of the Wilson super grade. Not the centimetre master.

Comment

Looking across the pond at a HK retailer, most WE pistols range from £40/£60 + £15 postage and no VAT as I'm in the channel island: I'd get WE G17 Gen 4
                            Last edited by pacey; 22 July, 2013, 15:50. Reason: Spelling and grammer that no man should attempt to try and read.
                            "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                            Life in the fast lane........
                            sigpic

Comment

Get the 18C and bring the pain hammer.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

L3w151988 A craft beer drinking, occasional scruffy beard-growing, airsofter from London, living in Kent. Find out more about L3w151988
                              Working...
                              X