A voyage into the unknown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A voyage into the unknown...

After getting some stick about not wanting to tinker with my guns I have done a bit of research into modding my Masada and to my surprise it looks remarkably easy!

So I fiddled around with the quick barrel change thingy-ma-jiggy and first thoughts were 'I can do this', now I didn't read the bit about turning the hop down BEFORE changing the barrel and seeing as the range doesn't seem to be that good, I fear I might have crushed or torn some rubbery stuff inside...... So, I'm going to do a strip down and replacement of rubbers, do a tooth pick mod and I want to change the barrel to a tight bore one....

But the guy I bought it off said it had a tightbore barrel, how do I check? is it a case of sticking some calipers in the barrel and measuring or do they come with markings? Can I use any barrel and bucking or am I looking for Magpul branded stuff?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, I'm not very mechanically minded but the videos on youtube make it look so easy!

Re: A voyage into the unknown.........

The standard Masada barrels are brass. Hope that helps.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

well, I tried a strip down last night........ I'm surprised to report that it was very very easy, my bucking was torn and the nub had a chunk taken out of it, luckily the previous owner had turned the fig 8 around so it was the half without the hole which was damaged. I turned it back around and used a bit of 1.5mm copper wire as a toothpick. Still need to buy an appropriate bucking to replace the torn one but initial feelings are good! Might tackle a gearbox now :-)

Comment

Originally posted by damo8604 View Post
        well, I tried a strip down last night........but initial feelings are good! Might tackle a gearbox now :-)
        Oooohhhh pride goes before a fall !
        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Gearbox is a whole new beast, but very rewarding to get right
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

And infuriating, when after servicing countless guns one still comes up with a problem you cant solve.
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by druid799 View Post
              Oooohhhh pride goes before a fall !
              I also made contact with a tech wizard so if all else fails I can hand him a bag of bits.................. happy days!

Comment

be careful with modding the gearbox.... think only certain pistons work in there!! personally id leave it alone unless you get a problem.... if anythign changet he motor... though i have never had a prob with mine
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

damo8604 Find out more about damo8604
                Working...
                X