Batteries for different guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries for different guns.

Hi all, even though i have been playing for 2years or so i still having gotten to know which batteries are best for which guns ect.

Im currently looking at getting a new NIMH battery for my CYMA AK47 which is fully standard, apart from getting the spring clipped.

Do i go for 8.4, 9.4 or 10.8? also what mah?

I know that a rough guide for mah is MAH= how many rounds you can shoot roughly. But what i dont know is, is what power is best for the internals of the gun. Will the 10.8 4000 mah burn the gun to the ground or will it be ok?

Thanks people.
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Re: Batteries for different guns.

I would personally say it like this:

8.4v will give lower rate of fire but the gearbox has a little less wear on it.
    9.6v will give higher rate of fire but the gearbox will see a bit more wear.

You also need to know what size battery will fit, 8.4v should be fine but 9.6v might be a sqeeuze due to the extra cell.

With MAH= that can be varied by a number of factors though I usually find on a decently tuned gun at around 350fps with good contacts and Tamiya heads it will be about 1 MAH to 1 shot. While not exact it is the best to stick to I have found as then it gives a rough idea on how many you can get away with. It is not as varied as asking how many shots a can of gas will get but it still relies on many different factors.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

stick to 9.6v
      i believe the biggest that will fit is a 9.6 1600mah stick battery.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post

With MAH= that can be varied by a number of factors though I usually find on a decently tuned gun at around 350fps with good contacts and Tamiya heads it will be about 1 MAH to 1 shot. While not exact it is the best to stick to I have found as then it gives a rough idea on how many you can get away with. It is not as varied as asking how many shots a can of gas will get but it still relies on many different factors.
        OH MY F**KING GOD - I've never even thought of it like that. You sir are a genius!

I've always matched the size of battery with my playing style. Normally a 1400 would last me through a day if i single shot at people and don't spray and pray.

If I want to go a bit Rambo - I'd change batteries at lunch.

basic but it worked.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

hmm, well i may try and measure the inside of the batt. compartment inside the AK stock. I would'nt mind using the 9.6 but i think 8.4 would be enough. With 4000 mah.

Comment

my old dboys ak would take a 9.6v 1600mah. no other bigger ones would fit
            sigpic

Comment

the new cm048 series will easily take up to a 12v stick as it extends into the hand guard area but i'd leave it to 9.6v or max 10.8v , alternatively the firefox (not the best make but the only people who make them) mp5k lipo of either 7.4v or 11.1v both 1200mahr will fit but again only go for the 11.1v lipo if you are able to work on you'r own guns as there will be far more wear.
              my recent cm048s came with bearing spring guide, neo motor and metal bushes as standard so they are already pretty good internally.

Comment

dadio, the battery compartment on my AK is the STOCK not the hand gaurd/upper reciever.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

god84 Find out more about god84
                Working...
                X