Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classic army m249 mk1 advice

hi guys
    iv just purchased an m249 mk1 off an old mate of mine for next to nothing!
    need to make it my own ya know, so i want to re-vamp the insides with better parts, but i need to know what version gear box is in it. iv spend 10 minutes on the comp trying to find out but no luck.
    unfortuently i need a long weekend to fully strip and clean and find out for myself.
    if anyone can just tell me, i can order parts ready for surgery, saved leaving crap every where for weeks waiting.

cheers guys

Re: classic army m249 mk1 advice

Pretty sure they are a standalone gearbox. Not a 'version' as it isn't based on a Marui gun. They do an enhanced CA 8mm bearing gearbox, which might be worth replacing the standard one with.

This will probably be your best bet as the CA M249 gearbox is a brilliant design for a support gun already, and CA internals are nice and well made. If you open it up and nothing is significantly worn though, don't waste your money on parts just get it cleaned and shimmed to perfection.

The M249 with the most available gearbox 'upgrades' would be the G&P as it uses a V2. CA's box is better than a V2 as it specifically designed to be in a support gun. V2s crack too easily!

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure they are a standalone gearbox. Not a 'version' as it isn't based on a Marui gun. They do an enhanced CA 8mm bearing gearbox, which might be worth replacing the standard one with.

This will probably be your best bet as the CA M249 gearbox is a brilliant design for a support gun already, and CA internals are nice and well made. If you open it up and nothing is significantly worn though, don't waste your money on parts just get it cleaned and shimmed to perfection.

The M249 with the most available gearbox 'upgrades' would be the G&P as it uses a V2. CA's box is better than a V2 as it specifically designed to be in a support gun. V2s crack too easily!
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

cheers welshy.
      guess ill just crack it open and have a look, the housing wasn't on my list anyways, am going to try my luck on that one, was just interested in what sort of version cylinder head/ type of gears it takes you know that sort of thing, i want to lower the ration and create a better air seal without having to use a shed load of ptfe tape lol.

Comment

It's a pretty solid design, and it should be - Classic Army simply copied the excellent PGC gearbox that they had designed to drop into the TOP M249.

It takes standard Version 2/3 gears, piston and piston head, M16 type cylinder, cylinder head and tappet plate. One thing to watch is the gearbox casing as the threads strip quite easily (if that happens then fit Helicoils). As far as I'm concerned, it's far more suited to support gun use than the V2 box fitted in the G&P M249's.

Have fun with it

Comment

Appreciate the advice fellas, I now know what I need.
          all the best!

Comment

If the motors in the CA are anywhere near as strong a&k clone, be prepared to have every available tool stuck to it.

These things are a joy to work with (When your anti reversal latch is not stuck to said motor)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheSaviour Find out more about TheSaviour
            Working...
            X