Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommended boots

Hi

Just looking for possible boots for a sub £100 price tag. anything lightweight and durable

Any recommendations?

Re: recommended boots

Altberg IMO are the best boots around.

Comment

I have experienced quite a few boots. (Army)

Altberg sneeker being the best all round imo. The Gortex gtx boots are also good for long days in the woods, along with the Lowa.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if you want to add an extra few quid, AKU do some awesome all rounders.
      Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

ive got some oakley si 6inch boots that are very nice
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

From my experience magnums are incredibly comfortable with good anchle support, well ventilated light weight and reasonably priced although not the most durable out there but would be fine for occasional use such as airsofting.
          MP5 owner? Join the club! (URL below)
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/group.php?groupid=152
          sigpic

Comment

water proof hiking boots are great

i have nevados

after you get them dirty and a lil worn

they look 'high speed'

Comment

Army issue desert Magnums are well built enough to take some rough scrapes, have strong ankle support, plenty of padding and ventilation, a reinforced cap, and are so lightweight they're practically trainers.

You really can't go wrong with Magnum but a new spec leather pair can cost around and just over your budget. I wear the Magnum Stealth with the side zip almost every day. I won't get into why but I will say it's impossible for me to wear regular assault boots. I recommend checking out your local army surplus stores first (even if you're going for Altbergs or Lowas, which are also very good). Magnums can go for as cheap as £20 but expect the £30-35 mark.

More expensive kit doesn't always mean better kit.

Comment

I have a pair of Magnum 8.1's and they are brilliant boots, I've worn them day in day out for a year or so, still in great condition. Best £80 I've spent!
                IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

I Live, work, Ride and airsoft in my CAT's

Decent pair of Caterpillar boots will last you forever if you look after them.

Comment

You can't go wrong with using the search function as this topic has been done about a million times before. You will get the same answers every time.
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

i got some US issue jungle boots from the bay of E which are lightweight, flexible and solid. very happy with them and even from brand new they didnt bugger my feet up
                      Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Trigger, how can you dislike my post? Simple fact that this question has been asked loads before and every time it is the same "I like x" "I like y".
                        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Boots are a matter of taste go to an outdoor store and try some on is my siggestion, as what fits one person won't be comfortable on you. And also what your looking at them for. steer clear of steel toes and full on waterproofs if its just for skirmishes as boy do they make your feet hurt. Personally in wear magnum deserts and Altbergs.

And at work I wear magnum stealthy 12 hours on my feet and they are a dream!

But really it's totally up to you but don't expect to get anything decent for less than £40-50 although saying that my first set of boots were Karimoor boots from sports direct for £30, comfortable, breathe able and lasted a far while, finally fell apart on a trek in the Spanish hills ( good job I had a new pair of magnum deserts on me)!

Comment

Boots are a big subject and there's a lot to be covered... People are often happy to offer advice on something purely because they have a pair and nothing terrible has happened.

You really need to consider HOW you are are going to use the boot and where.

Personally I have a pair of AKU Pilgrems that I've been using for cold/wet or woodland wear. They have a vibram sole with a high rubber rand and rather firm cushioning along with a slight heel. This makes them good for carrying a bunch of stuff and also gripping hard when descending whilst wearing a pack. They are a Goretex lined boot and so are rather watertight.

They are expensive but because they have a replaceable sole and brilliant build quality, I'll be saving money in the future.

Comment

Search function in a size 12 in blue...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Toanjuice Find out more about Toanjuice
                              Working...
                              X