ASG STi Pistols - who makes them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG STi Pistols - who makes them?

As the title states - I've been looking at the ASG STi pistol series (apparently they are CO2 compatible?), but I've not been able to find anywhere that says who they are made by. I've been told KWA, but can't find any pictures of the hop assembly to establish this. I've found one KSC STi pistol for sale but out of stock in the far east (old old gun).

Can anyone help shed light on this?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Re: ASG STi Pistols - who makes them?

ASG do import a lot of KWA stuff, and, as a result, its then sold as ASG. BUT its not all KWA, ASG re-brand some stuff too (just to help confuse you a tad more) Best way to find out would be to go to the KWA website and see what products they are currently making. If its not on their website, it aint being made at present by them!
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

What pistols in particular? Some ASGs are KWA, some are KJW etc.

Comment

the STi tac masters are KJ works. i have one, its the red loading nozzle thats the give away. superb pistols, run mine exclusively on Co2, has never let me down. tbh i wouldnt mind picking up a 2nd
        For Sale!
        TM M870 with a load of stuff
        A&K massada sniper spec
        Chronograph
        leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

The STi's are KJW. Notice the magwell is made to accomodate C02? KWA/KSC dont make Co2 pistols
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I've just had a squint under my Lawman and it is in fact made by KWA. It also has a red plastic gas nozzle.
            Strangely, my ASG KJW M9 has a blue one?

Fantastic little sidearm with a strong CO2 kick, but the beaver tail fractured after a few mags. I'm currently seeking a replacement beaver.

Comment

Hopefully this won't count as mentioning another retailer, but you can see that some STI branded pistols are KWA:

Comment

I thought that KWA didnt make any CO2 mags, but my mate was insistent that it "felt like KWA quality"

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                  I thought that KWA didnt make any CO2 mags, but my mate was insistent that it "felt like KWA quality"
                  Co2 models with red nozzles will be KJW, otherwise it's probably KWA.

Comment

Yup, confirmed this one in particular is a KJW

Comment

I believe that the beavertail is TM compatible, can you pop yours out and show a picture? If it is i have a spare here you can have for postage cost.

Comment

I can indeed! That's very kind of you. Give me a second.

Comment

The bloody thing won't come out because I'm not sure how to remove the hammer assembly, to which the tail is obviously connected. It's clearly made from a grubby pot metal and I guess that's why it snapped. It fractured in half exactly at the weakest point, which is the thinnest section between the palm and the hammer. First ASG to let me down and I'm still using an CZ75 from 6 years ago!

Comment

Its behind the MSH, pop the pin out at the bottom of the grip and slide the MSH out the bottom and itll drop out
                            Also, the one i have is a full beavertail, so youd have to file some of the frame. Sorry!
                            Last edited by jonny lovegrove; 25 July, 2013, 08:58.

Comment

Out of interest, does anyone know who makes ASGs Glocks?

[/Threadjack]

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
                              Working...
                              X