Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice please?

Ok guys,

I don't post on here much unless I'm looking for kit, but often read in the background. I don't want this tread to devolve into a shouting match but would like some input on a situation that has arisen.

Whilst at rugby training this evening we were running laps round the field, a group of kids were in the top corner of the field. As the group ran past one of the lads was firing what turned out to be a RIF GBB pistol at one of our props, after a few hits he understandably got a little angry and ran at the group. The kids ran off but the pistol was dropped, it was all chalked up to banter and the pistol locked up in the club house.

What I need input on is what to do now, do we call the police and report it? Or do we just bin the pistol and that's case closed? Or something in between?

Cheers

Cappa
    sigpic

Re: Some advice please?

Personally, I'd take apart the pistol and then bin the parts. If they escaped with the item then I'd have gone with the cop call to save other potential problems in the future, but chances are they don't have multiples and it was one kid was showing off to his chums. Chances are they won't return.
    Bare in mind however, that if you do bin the pistol; it'd be harder to explain to the police at a later date should you change your mind.

Comment

At this point you should start a sales thread. Is the pistol any good and how much do you want for it?

On a serious note, part of me wants to say: 'tell the police,' since this is people firing something at strangers that could potentially blind them, and I consider that some serious stuff. On the other hand, I imagine that the police will say: 'oh, righteo then,' take the pistol away and destroy it and never actively do anything to catch the kids, which just makes me think: why bother?
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Tell the police! (the airsofter in my says keep the gat though) :P
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

As daft as this may seem, you're obliged to hand the pistol over to the police. Otherwise, you can be charged with theft. There's a grey area but you could be charged with theft by finding as you failed to readily ascertain the identity of the owner of it. The kid might actually legally own it and have already reported it as stolen.

Personally, I'd want them found and charged and made an example of.
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
            Tell the police! (the airsofter in my says keep the gat though) :P
            Thats my thoughts too.

If we can show the police that we are taking steps to defend the hobby sensibly, then that will show a little in favour.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
              As daft as this may seem, you're obliged to hand the pistol over to the police. Otherwise, you can be charged with theft. There's a grey area but you could be charged with theft by finding as you failed to readily ascertain the identity of the owner of it. The kid might actually legally own it and have already reported it as stolen.

Personally, I'd want them found and charged and made an example of.
              I'm inclined to agree. I would however take a hammer to the Gbb first.
              "Must have broken when he dropped it, you can trust me guv".

Comment

I think BAMF has the best answer in this situation, follow the procedure and show genuine airsofters are responsible

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 4 Beta
                Originally posted by Mike581
                L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
                Originally posted by mark2191
                i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
                "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

Depends, is it HFC or KWA?

- - - Updated - - -

Depends, is it HFC or KWA?
                  Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                  big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Gut the pistol for parts and hand the majority of it to the police? :P They won't know it's missing a loading cylinder, or an inner barrel.

Or maybe even a magazine? :P
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cappa Find out more about cappa
                    Working...
                    X