Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Airsoft M4 RIS rail problem..NEED HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft M4 RIS rail problem..NEED HELP !

Hello everyone. Basically got myself In a pickle here. Just new to airsoft and purchased an AEG m4 (see link below ) http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/product/...400/SRC-SR4-M4 that's it there. Be changing parts of the rifle and came to the hand guard which I plan on changing to a rail.purchased one of eBay second which is 150mm (7 inches long) but can't get it to fit at all.have tried everything. I have recently tried removing the spring in the delta ring to try and squeeze an extra few centimetres of space.even with this,I still need an extra few centimetres for the rail to fit around the front sight backing ring but to no avail. I was curious if anyone had any tips on what I could do (in lamen terms for my newbie airsoft brain) advice, alternative rails that would fit my M4 or wether you guys believe the rail is simply too long for my airsoft rifle.cheers

Re: Airsoft M4 RIS rail problem..NEED HELP !

quick question before we sort out the rail problem.

since you bought it from justuttercrap.com, Im assuming you're new to everything about airsoft, and don't have a defense? so your rifle is currently half bright orange?

if the rail you have bought isn't also bright orange (or green etc) you cannot legally place it onto your rifle, as you will be manufacturing a RIF from an IF.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

In addition to what Sir Ttephen has said, M4 RIS/handguards come in several lengths varying in length by several milimetres and also in the way they fit under the Delta ring on the receiver.

Comment

Yeah buddy,currently serving in the armed forces,so decided to take this hobby up. I understand the law surrounding UKARA. I am merely purchasing these parts,so that when I get my UKARA number after attending a few airsoft skirmishes and the allowed time has elapsed I can merely swap them over. Like I said,I am new to airsofting and wasn't planning on blowing my bank account over my first airsoft rifle,hence the website I purchased it off.

Comment

I would put the original handguards back on... Then when you have a defense get the site tech to put the RIS on for you. I don't imagine he would charge for that.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BritishArmyGrunt View Post
            I am merely purchasing these parts,so that when I get my UKARA number after attending a few airsoft skirmishes and the allowed time has elapsed I can merely swap them over.
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

fair enough, just double checking, a lot of youngsters on of late trying to get hold of shiny lack things before they are aloud.

basicaly you hsould be able to just pull back on the delta ring, then pull the old hand guard out before placing the new railed one in.

im not 100% on this having never owned a SRC, but there shouldn't really be any issue in fitting the new hand guard unless its too long.

best thing to do is upload of picture of the rail, and the m4's front end. we will be able to tell if they should fit then.

other useful information would be:

Make of the rail
              Type of rail system (you are wanted a standard m4 rail, there are 100's of different rail systems though)
              it should be 6.5" long and in 2 halfs
              For Sale!
              TM M870 with a load of stuff
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph
              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Yeah I get you buddy,I used to own a two toned L96 which I have skirmished with but was younger at the time and applying for a UKARA number to simply change the colour didn't interest me at the time.mostly due to lack of money to replace two toned parts. The make of the rail at the moment is unknown,It was purchased off an ebayer who had been using it on a shop model on an G & G m4 rifle. I believe it is a RIS Rail. The rail itself is 7 inches long and is slightly bigger than the default orange handguard however I believed as the rail is meant to fit around the front sight backing ring,being slightly larger wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Some AEG M4s have shorter handguard dimensions - I think you'll find if you try to stick a Magpul MOE grip on it you'd have a similar problem. You need to get a new barrel that's just slightly longer (a G&P one would do), or knock the pins out on your gas block and loosen the grub screw. Then move the gas block forwards a bit and retighten the grub screw.
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The reason I believe that the rail system is the wrong size is that the A frame front iron sight has groves on the barrel of where it should sit,therefore it can't be moved further up the barrel to accommodate the Rail. No matter how much I try,I can't get it fit around the front sight backing ring.I know it's meant to be a tad pernickety to get in but not this bad haha

Comment

there is a solution to that. the link below is a flip up sight/gas block. it attaches to the barrel via tightening bolts allowing you to change the position ever so slightly.
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-C-M-Flip...item3f197ab37d
                      J

Comment

This problem crops up all the time due to differences in tolerances between manufacturers (i.e. hardly any of the buggers stick to the real dimensions - they all seem to come up with their own!). If you want to do the job properly then you'll need an adjustable barrel from the likes of Madbull (the Daniel Defense marked ones), 5KU, Guarder, Samurai etc etc.

Pic of one of my Madbull adjustable barrels:

Comment

Jakeas..I was thinking of that however the rail is not free floating and relies on the delta ring and front sight backing ring to hold it in place,with four screws in order to tighten the rail together. Therefore the flip up sight would have to be comparable with attaching the front sight backing ring :/ Heinz are new barrel's expensive to replace ?

Comment

Originally posted by BritishArmyGrunt View Post
                            The rail itself is 7 inches long and is slightly bigger than the default orange handguard however I believed as the rail is meant to fit around the front sight backing ring,being slightly larger wouldn't be a problem.
                            I think it's pretty unlikely that the rail is supposed to fit around the handguard cap (the 'front sight backing ring') - it's supposed to fit inside it. If it doesn't even fit the handguard cap I think you're going to have difficulties. My estimation is that the problem is what Heinz says it is:

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                            This problem crops up all the time due to differences in tolerances between manufacturers (i.e. hardly any of the buggers stick to the real dimensions - they all seem to come up with their own!).
                            For example, my RS KAC RAS (which is almost certainly what your clone rail is a copy of - it's by far the most common 7" rail) fits my RS-sized Inokatsu parts just fine, doesn't really fit my TM SOPMOD very well (had to change handguard cap) and doesn't fit another delta ring (think it's a King Arms) at all. Can you confirm that your rail looks like this:

It's interesting to note that the MadBulls use exactly the same system as the Guarders - thanks for the photo, Heinz. I don't suppose you've still got that barrel uninstalled, have you?

Comment

Hmmm. Given that it's an SRC, you may not actually need to buy one. With the foregrip removed have a look at the chamber end of the barrel. If there are several screws on it (ISTR that SRC used to use multipart barrels, not sure if they still do!) then try undoing them and pulling the barrel out a few millimetres before tightening them up.

Of course, doing this (and fitting the RIS unit), depends on you being able to do it whilst having a valid defense to turn your IF into a RIF....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BritishArmyGrunt Current serving Armed Forces member,decided to take up airsofting as a hobby outside the forces Find out more about BritishArmyGrunt
                              Working...
                              X