A bit of fun and semi-serious but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of fun and semi-serious but...

If anyone has the time/energy for it and has access to a 3D printer or CNC machine, could you get me a quote for making a 20mm Picatinny to lego adapter? That Magpul thread has got me thinking about it a bit and I think I'd be quite partial to the possibility of having lego night sights, aimpoint mount, vert grip, torch mount, etc.
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Re: A bit of fun and semi-serious but...

I love you.

Comment

You don't need a CNC machine for that - and even though you could do it that way, it would be brutally expensive. It would be much, much cheaper to buy a cheap rail system, mill/file/sand the Picatinny 'blocks' off and glue appropriately-sized LEGO baseplates to the now-flat surfaces.

Personally, I think you'd be better off using long Technics bricks. The locking pin system those use would stand a fighting chance of keeping a vertigrip in place.

Comment

The intention is to have a tonne of tiny adaptors all over any rail space, then with that I could build lego on the platforms to whatever shapes I like then when I decide on exactly how I want it, I'd cold weld it together on to the adaptors and still have a load of adaptors spare for new ideas!

Looking at this rail here I'd take a guess at 4 wide, 3 long would allow for continuous lego real estate when lined up? Not sure, been a while since I've had lego...

Comment

Breaking news!

The distance between picatinny slot centers is 10mm, a lego 1x1 block is 8mm, a rail system would work with 5x3 taking up 4 slots! If someone wants to actually take this up, here's some useful references:

Comment

You, just. Damn yes. My mind.
            Edit: get a gundam m4
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Love to see someone turn up for a skirmish with a lego M4
              sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Originally posted by Chewybacka View Post
                Love to see someone turn up for a skirmish with a lego M4
                If this turns out fruitful, come down here and I'll order that rail system I've been considering and cover it in lego goodness! Make magpul look medieval with the level of futuristic shizzle all up on this gat!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Proto Find out more about Proto
                Working...
                X