KSC/KWA mac11- Carrying and maintaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSC/KWA mac11- Carrying and maintaining

My mate has gotten his hands on a pair of KSC/KWA Mac11s, and since he only has use for one, he has suggested that for the national I might want to borrow one as a bit of additional firepower.
    This has lead me to a key question: what options are there for carrying these? I'd rather not get the shoulder holster I usually see mentioned, since I'm only borrowing the gun.

also, while we're on the subject, what sort of maintenance is needed for these?
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Re: KSC/KWA mac11- Carrying and maintaining

I have a 1 point sling attached to the stock bar. I know it probably isn't good for it over a long period of time but for a few games it's perfect. The size and weight of the Mac means it's barely noticeable. you could even rig up a 3 point sling using the stock bar and the front sling point so that you can secure it for movement then disconnect it into a 1 point style sling for combat. Maintenance wise I just silicone up all the moving parts, seems to work fine
    sigpic

Comment

I find it awkward to holster in my chestrig via a mag pocket with its elastic restraint but it works. Im gonna make a large velcro holster eventually cause there isnt anything decent to purchase imo
      Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Originally posted by The Airsoft Lad View Post
        I have a 1 point sling attached to the stock bar. I know it probably isn't good for it over a long period of time but for a few games it's perfect. The size and weight of the Mac means it's barely noticeable. you could even rig up a 3 point sling using the stock bar and the front sling point so that you can secure it for movement then disconnect it into a 1 point style sling for combat. Maintenance wise I just silicone up all the moving parts, seems to work fine
        so it doesn't have a proper rear sling point? that's a bit odd (although considering the origional design purpose, i suppose it makes sense) Might follow the 1-point idea though. maybe rig up a weapon catch with a bit of strapping and a clip.

Originally posted by airsoc View Post
        I find it awkward to holster in my chestrig via a mag pocket with its elastic restraint but it works. Im gonna make a large velcro holster eventually cause there isnt anything decent to purchase imo
        Is this a double M4 mag pouch?
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

yeah, I find it even weirder that it has the forward sling point, it's completely redundant unless you want your Mac hanging upside down...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Airsoft Lad View Post
            yeah, I find it even weirder that it has the forward sling point, it's completely redundant unless you want your Mac hanging upside down...
            By the look of it, some of the real ones had a little loop on the base of the lower reciever. but only if it had no stock fitted.....I assume the stock was supposed to be the rear sling point.
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

The front "sling" point was designed for a grab strap to prevent muzzle climb I think.
              I had a single point clipped onto the stock. Haven't seen any better options.

Comment

Originally posted by mr lean 81 View Post
                The front "sling" point was designed for a grab strap to prevent muzzle climb I think.
                I had a single point clipped onto the stock. Haven't seen any better options.
                You just beat me too that one haha

On the real steels they have a strap that you hold like a vertical grip.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
                  Is this a double M4 mag pouch?
                  Yes it is. Ill get a picture later
                  Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobthebuilder Find out more about bobthebuilder
                  Working...