Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't want to do this but....

Right guys.

I've not had a problem buying or selling on this forum before but recently made a purchase of a Hephaestus Recoil Power kit for the Vector. I payed via paypal but gifted the money as paypal wouldn't allow me to accept the fees and I couldn't be bothered to work out the percentage etc.

Now, my own fault - I provided the wrong postcode against the address I sent over for delivery, as far as I've been told by the seller it's been posted.

I realised my mistake the day after the item was sent and quickly contacted the seller to correct the postcode and offer to pay for re-delivery or if he provided me with the postage details I would contact the company and re-arrange all this. Well, needless to say as many of these stories go I am now being ignored and I know for a fact this user has been online a few times since I offered to do this.

So without slagging this person off, I suggest anyone that knows who I'm talking about contacts him and jollys him along a little bit. The fella is only based in the next town up from me (Only realised this after the sale) and If he would respond I'd be happy to suggest collection instead because as it stands I've given him my money and been flat out ignored. I have no proof of it being posted yet and no response since he claimed it was posted...

I've not heard from this guy since Friday, so is this a bit premature?
    TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Re: Didn't want to do this but....

I'd go see him.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Cojack View Post
      I payed via paypal but gifted the money as paypal wouldn't allow me to accept the fees and I couldn't be bothered to work out the percentage etc.
      I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I lost a lot of any potential sympathy I might have felt for you there. If you call PayPal fees 4%, as most people do, then you would have to add £4 on a purchase of £100. You bought something for £25; how hard would it have been to work out and add the £1? Had you taken that 30 seconds you would have been covered. Moreover, you gifted funds to a seller who already has a negative feedback that specifically warns you against gifting funds to him.
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

fair point from longshot, however dont just go a knocking brother, I wouldnt appreciate it, so try and wait it out, hopefully it will come good.

Comment

Completely appreciate that point and it's the first time I've played the whole 'gift' game in Paypal, will certainly be the last!

Fingers are crossed that he wises up and doesn't sting somebody so close to home. Airsoft is a small community and the sites are very local between Surrey and Berkshire so he'll be p*ssing on his own doorstep in that sense!

Comment

Even though it has the wrong postcode shouldn't the local postie pick this up, realise it's a mistake etc. Was this not sent recorded?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
              Even though it has the wrong postcode shouldn't the local postie pick this up, realise it's a mistake etc. Was this not sent recorded?
              Apparently postage was 1st Class recorded - I don't have the details though as they were not sent over to me.

Might be completely over reacting about the situation but seeing the other stories on this forum, £25 or not it's still the concept that these people are around!

Comment

I'm sorry, but why on earth do you think the seller is at fault here?

You bought it, and told him where to send it. He sent it there. That's his part done.

It's now your problem to sort out, not his. If someone gave me the wrong address and only told me after sending it, I'd simply tell them that the only options to wait until it's returned, or someone is contacted to find out where it should go.

It doesn't matter that you gifted the payment, if you did want to start a claim you don't have a leg to stand on.

I do get sick and tired of reading stories about why people think sellers should go above and beyond, fixing their customers retardations.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post

You bought it, and told him where to send it. He sent it there. That's his part done.

It's now your problem to sort out, not his. If someone gave me the wrong address and only told me after sending it, I'd simply tell them that the only options to wait until it's returned, or someone is contacted to find out where it should go.

It doesn't matter that you gifted the payment, if you did want to start a claim you don't have a leg to stand on.

I do get sick and tired of reading stories about why people think sellers should go above and beyond, fixing their customers retardations.
                  Completely agree here.
                  Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
                  Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
                  Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
                  Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

OK first of all where have I blamed the seller for everything that's gone on here?

I suggest re-reading my original post and understanding this was a heads up for anybody that knows him to get him in contact with me.

Congratulations for stating what you would do as a seller in this situation, unfortunately for the rest of us not everyone seems to have your sales etiquette and so far all I have for evidence of postage is a PM to state it's been posted. Currently no recorded information or references to contact the postal service with to correct MY ORIGINAL MISTAKE!

I will say this again before the next person comes on and decides to blindly comment, this is NOT a slag off at the seller from my end - it is a frustration that I have chased the seller and made contributing suggestions to fix a mistake I made. Without hearing back from the seller or seeing any evidence of postage, on top of the mistake I made I am naturally going to assume the worst at this time.

I am requesting anybody that knows the seller to remind him to get in touch with me to sort this out.

Comment

I also agree, I sell dozens of items on this forum a week and I constantly get sh1t from buyers who complain that their item wasn't posted the same day the item is paid for (usually in the afternoon).

If you sent it as a gift you relinquished your rights and you admitted it's because you were too lazy to do a 5 seconds bit of math to work out fees, if he sent it to the wrong address that you gave him he don't need to refund you or go hunting for it, he should explain this in an IM but he has no obligation to now mop up your mess that was accidentally created.

By chance would you have claimed against him for sending the item to the wrong place that you told him to?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Cojack View Post
                      OK first of all where have I blamed the seller for everything that's gone on here?

I suggest re-reading my original post and understanding this was a heads up for anybody that knows him to get him in contact with me.

Congratulations for stating what you would do as a seller in this situation, unfortunately for the rest of us not everyone seems to have your sales etiquette and so far all I have for evidence of postage is a PM to state it's been posted. Currently no recorded information or references to contact the postal service with to correct MY ORIGINAL MISTAKE!

I will say this again before the next person comes on and decides to blindly comment, this is NOT a slag off at the seller from my end - it is a frustration that I have chased the seller and made contributing suggestions to fix a mistake I made. Without hearing back from the seller or seeing any evidence of postage, on top of the mistake I made I am naturally going to assume the worst at this time.

I am requesting anybody that knows the seller to remind him to get in touch with me to sort this out.
                      You are actually slagging the seller off big time as everyone who reads this will be searching your item and taking note of the seller, you've basically branded him a thief but told everyone it was the majority your own fault.

Comment

I think that's kinda harsh...

Yes the buyer is at fault but the seller should at the very least emailed out the tracking code - I've had this before in the past when sellers say they will post recorded but then don't. As it's recorded the parcel has to have a return address on it so should come back to the seller so it can be posted out again.

Comment

I've not made a claim against this seller, nor am I going to.

OK well I understand your opinions...

For future reference of people buying from the guy - the sale went through easily enough. I've made a mistake so my fault - don't want it to taint any future sales the guy puts through!

Comment

dont read them then !!

We all require a little advice/assistance everynow and then brother !!

Comment

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
                              I think that's kinda harsh...

Yes the buyer is at fault but the seller should at the very least emailed out the tracking code - I've had this before in the past when sellers say they will post recorded but then don't. As it's recorded the parcel has to have a return address on it so should come back to the seller so it can be posted out again.
                              Correct, the minimum the seller does need to do is provide the tracking should they have it then he really has done his part imho. Anything else that is done by him is a bonus but after reading this thread that so many people have already looked at his profile/selling record with prying eyes he might be more upset than happy.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cojack Find out more about Cojack
                              Working...
                              X