Collapse

Faulty gun purchase - advise please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty gun purchase - advise please :)

Hi guys

recently bought a WE Glock 18c off the forums that was listed as very good condition and works perfectly, paid a little bit more then i wanted to really but wanted one and my local shop didn't have them in stock at all, i arranged for it to be collected myself with a courier firm and paid via paypal and added few quid on top for fees

gun arrived today and the EXTERIOR is in good condition but the gun interior seems shot to sh*t
    the slide doesn't return correctly, cannot change from full auto to semi without pushing on the back of the slide, the loading nozzle just sits there and doesn't spring back at all (almost like there isn't a spring attached) and seems very worn out .the gun almost seems like the internals do not line up with themselves as nothing sits flush, its solid and there is not rattles or wobbles but something tells me it isn't quite right.
    i haven't even attempted to fire it yet as afraid thing will blow up in my hands!

now if this is simply a case of needs a good clean up then i will strip it and clean it but part of me thinks i should just send it back for a refund, i haven't contacted the guy i bought it off as yet as want to be absolutely certain its poggered before i contact them, im not happy with the deal but i do want the gun so may just ask for some of my money back if need be to compensate any potential repairs#

what are your guys thoughts? should i just get my money back or contact the guy and work out something else? and does anyone own a WE gen 4 glock 18c that can point me in the right direction as to testing it?
    Last edited by alias_rm13; 30 July, 2013, 12:06. Reason: Spelling Error (OCD moment)

Re: Faulty gun purchase - advise please

Sounds like this could have been damaged in transit. I'd talk to the seller, you did buy if in full working order, could be something simple. I only have the KSC version so not sure about the WE - they aren't the most complicated though.

Comment

Contact seller and send pics where possible. Could be it's been reassembled incorrectly after a pre sale clean, or it is from a previous deal and they are just passing on info.

I test before I sell anything, wish I could say the same for everyone. If the seller won't help for whatever reason (could be damaged in transit) post pictures and details and we will do our best to help remotely - could just need a dtrip and clean if it is grubby?
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

My advice would be tell the seller straight away so he's aware of it. Otherwise if you tell him in a few days, it can look like you've mucked around and broken it.

Wait for him to say what he thinks - he may have a suggestion as to what it is.

If that fails, see if he will accept a return

Comment

i dont think it was damaged in transit as the packaging it came in looked like it was untouched, my guess is that its been striped and not put back together very well, i shall PM the seller and send him and email as well see what he suggests or responds with, first thing i did was rack the slide and eject the mag and slide got stuck and nozzle just stayed put so alarm bells started ringing lol
          i have taken some pictures to show how the slide doesnt line up correctly with the lower half and the recoil spring rod thingy (dont know its technical name) is sticking out a fair bit from the front of the gun and the fire select switch issue, its almost like the slide sits back on the lower about 2-3mm more then its meant to which made me think either damaged or not assembled very well.
          the seller is actually a really nice guy and been helpful and had good comms so wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and see if its fixable before i proceeded with trying to get my money back off him or arranging some other kind of solution.

Comment

my WE Glock 18c doe's something very simular with cheap clone Mags, with the WE ones its prefect. In fact scraped one clone last week as there molding are shocking....and the side was sticking.
            The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

the gun was supplied with a genuine WE mag, though the issue happens even with the mag out i have sent the seller a PM and a email so hopefully i can resolve this with him.

Comment

The load nozzle not returning could be something as simple as the spring not seated right, I own a we 4th gen g23 and had a load nozzle break were the spring sits agains it, if its that then a new load nozzle is in order.

These guns really need to be lubed right as if ran dry they run like s&@t and can lock up. A bad or no lube job or incorrect spring guide instal can also stop the slide returning all the way which could be the problem with your fire selector.
                KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Originally posted by theagitater View Post
                  These guns really need to be lubed right as if ran dry they run like s&@t and can lock up. A bad or no lube job or incorrect spring guide instal can also stop the slide returning all the way which could be the problem with your fire selector.
                  That not a bad shout mate, i had a quick look and it did remind me of the mojave in there, i'll pop the slide off and look more in depth, any lube/grease you could recommend?
                  in regards to a new nozzle, any ideas on price? o where to get one?

Comment

U can get a load nozzle for around £10/15. Only get the 18c nozzle (g23 takes the same) the 17 etc use different nozzle.

There's many ideas on what's the right lube, myself I use silicone oil (spray) for load nozzle, and gearbox grease for my slides. But there are many posts on here about the right lube best just give it a search and decide for yourself.
                    KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

have since discovered that the spring wasn't seated correctly in the nozzle so sorted that and gave it a good lube up and hey presto, rapid fire plastic doom to my opponents!
                      thanks for advice guys

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

alias_rm13 Find out more about alias_rm13
                      Working...
                      X