Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarder upgrades

Hi all,
    Just wondered how Guarder upgrades bits compare with other makes they seem reasonably priced but is it a case of you get what you pay for.
    Cheers.
    Kev.

What parts in particular?
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Guarder upgrades

Well I've got an old tokyo marui hi capa 4.3 I bought back in "I think" 2006 or 2007 I think they had only just come out then, anyway I want to breath a new bit of life into it and treat it to a new metal slide, outer and inner barrel and enhanced spring set.
      Also can you mix upgrades say Guarder with AIP
      Cheers.
      Kev.

Comment

I only base my views on upgrades for KSC/kWA stuff but the upgrade parts are great. I've heard worse things about the quality of their slides, I believe they did a glock one which sucked.
        sigpic

Comment

I did actually buy a Guarder slide and outer barrel for it not long after I bought the pistol but it just kept jamming all the time but then I think it was about the only upgrades you could buy for the 4.3 then.
          What are the better makes for upgrades I guess it's a good idea to stick to one make for the whole of the pistol upgrade and would it be worth me fitting a reinforced loading muzzle as well.
          I guess it maybe that the cost of upgrading could be out weighed by buying a new Hi-Capa 4.3 by someone like WE.

Kev.

Comment

I've got a guarder metal frame and slide on my 1911. I think the main complaint for guarder metal kits is that they generally need modifying to fit in the form of a bit of filing. Other than that, it's solid enough and cycles just fine. I've also got a guarder loading nozzle in it. While I can't say it's much in the way of an upgrade, it needed a new one so... it fits the bill. Got high flow valves in the mags too which make a little bit of a difference. Still, in terms of build quality they're fine. They do have a common problem of bursting though. They're free floating, so if the seals dry out and shrink, they may escape a well gassed mag in a dramatic fashion. Apart from that though, built solidly and helps cycling with the metal parts. My old M4 had a guarder clear hop rubber in it. Also a decent enough product. Quite soft so can't imagine it'd last forever, but pretty decent accuracy with it. I think thats all my experience of guarder upgrade parts. Overall they seem fine if you're willing to give them a bit of attention to make sure all is well.

Comment

Can you recommend anywhere in the UK that you can get Guarder parts please.
              Cheers.
              Kev.

Comment

Generally I've found that if you want multiple parts your best bet is get them all in one go from Asian shops. You can get them here but they cost more and it's likely you'll get them in one go.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that, I take it it's not a good idea to mix makes such as Guarder with AIP

Kev.

Comment

You can mix any upgrade part.... Just the tolerances need to be the same, which with cheap airsoft stuff hardly ever is the same!

I have a Guarder slide for my old MEU and the sights i bought didnt fit it, needed like 2mm shaved off to fit, then the STANDARD TM Novaks didnt fit either...

If i was going to buy a metal slide, i would pay a little bit more and get something a bit more upmarket. A certain shooting centre has loads. I have a Limcat slide on my Race Pistol and the fit is stupidly good, no ,odification work needed at all! And i have a Davidson Custom slide on my Capa which again, fits like a glove with no modification work needed.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

keflin2612 Find out more about keflin2612
                    Working...
                    X