Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Have I lost my mind. Airsoft no longer actually about playing games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I lost my mind. Airsoft no longer actually about playing games.

Right, this is something that's been on my mind for a while and i wanted to know if anyone else felt this way. I absolutely love collecting airsoft sh*t. I'm completely obsessed with buying pistols mainly but generally interested in anything to expands my collection. However, I rarely go to games and recently after going to a couple of below average sites have lost a little interest in the skirmishing side of everything.

I'm also not into milsim. My gear/kit loadout is completely random and has no real-world continuity and holds no importance to me. It's essentially all about collecting and upgrading only to not actually use. Ridiculous.

So I wanted to know if I was alone or if there were a troop of use who are quite content to buy, upgrade and generally make our weapons as authentic as possible and then not actually use it?
    sigpic

Re: Have I lost my mind. Airsoft no longer actually about playing games.

You have what is known as the "Collector Gene".

I wouldnt be surprised if you collected stuff like Warhammer, Vinyl, Ltd Edition Art Prints, or Graphic Novels. Just an urge to collect, and then no idea what to do with it once you have it.

I suffer from the same thing to a lesser degree. I still love skirmishing, but i do like to collect.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

no, thats the point. Have never been interested in any of things. I don't collect anything else.
      sigpic

Comment

Then perhaps you may have an addictive personality or something. I wouldnt recommend Crack, its a bit more-ish.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Ok, crack it is. If I die then im telling everyone you're responsible.
          sigpic

Comment

I have a less extreme version of what you 'have'! I do still play and enjoy it, but find myself scheming about what to buy and look at more often! Sometimes almost obsessed with ideas of guns, not thinking about the practicality on the field! I too, don't have and other collecting 'obsessions'! :D

Comment

I do still enjoy playing (love going to the Mall) but probably go maybe 4 times a year but constantly have upgrades on the go.
              Couldn't agree more with the practicality situation. I will upgrade my pistols to make them look more authentic which often renders them less effective to use.
              sigpic

Comment

I also have a similar airsofting problem but it is more because I cannot get to airsoft games as often as I want but I end up buying loads of kit for airsofting and never being able to use. Then I eventually go and buy even more kit. I am the same in that I don't mind if I cannot use it I just like having it as well as using it I don't get a kick out of buying things its just airsoft although I was the same with Warhammer when I was younger.
                For sale:

-Splitting M4
                -MP5 Parts
                -MP7a1
                -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                  Then perhaps you may have an addictive personality or something. I wouldnt recommend Crack, its a bit more-ish.
                  Crack is probably cheaper lol
                  sigpic

Comment

I think its unhealthy to feel "if I don't skirmish I'm not an airsofter any more". I realised that I was going every two weeks even though I wasn't enjoying it any more, all those little bugbears about cliques and cheaters and geardos just grew and grew.

I took a break and just threw myself into all the other bits at home for about 4 months, loved it and realised one Sunday, "you know what? I fancy a skirmish" so I went, loved it, and all summer I've been back in the saddle.

So yeah, no need to be definitive or paint yourself into a corner saying "I'll never skirmish again", just go with what makes you happy and if what makes you happy changes, go with that too.

Comment

It's called Chairsofting :-) I have a friend with the same condition. He had/has around 10 guns, he's only ever been skirmishing 5/6 times.

Comment

I do wonder if its a result of the firearm laws in the UK. I seem to be interested in collecting only pistols that I can make/look as much like the RS as possible. Nice to know im not completely alone...to a degree.
                        sigpic

Comment

Each to their own... I'd prefer it if folks more into the gear than the game stayed at home in their chairs. Nothing more frustrating than having a team full of blokes who look uber gucci but don't want to run about incase their kit gets dirty or sweaty.

Comment

I'll be careful to keep my pistol out if your sight then.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've got the upgrading bug bad - y'know, the one that makes you research and buy every possible upgrade for your gun. I haven't been to a skirmish in ages, mostly because every single one of my guns is in bits having various upgrades fitted. Plus one on the pistols, too, they're much more satisfying than non-Recoil AEGs...

Originally posted by mr lean 81 View Post
                              Each to their own... I'd prefer it if folks more into the gear than the game stayed at home in their chairs.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
                              Working...
                              X