hpa/co2 air rig for sniper rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hpa/co2 air rig for sniper rifle

hi guys, i own a kjw m700 and a tanaka m700 converted and modded into a l42, airosft gas and propane arent cutting it for consistency so was wondering if anyone here knew about air rigs.
    ie what they consist of and how to biuld them, ive looked around and saw it was big in the states but im looking to see if there is anyone in the uk selling the bits needed to make them here.
    guys any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: hpa/co2 air rig for sniper rifle

Have you given any consideration to a PolarStar build?
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Have you given any thought to looking in the tech section of the forum?

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...be-THIS-easy!-!

Reaver
      "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

no i didnt know about the thread, but it dosnt answer the question i asked about if there was anything in the uk that could do it

Comment

That thread may very well help point you in the right direction, how ever:

The biggest issue with it is that almost none of what you need is available in the UK. Most will come from either the States or China.
          Direct quote from the thread.

Reaver
          Last edited by R34V3R; 1 August, 2013, 23:27. Reason: Spelling, my achilles heel
          "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

Hi, old school loadout
            Have you heard about Mancraft?

Comment

I'm currently having my Real Sword SVD converted to use a Polar Star. It's not cheap - $400 alone for the work to be done and then the price of the SVD + Polar Star. From those who do have Polar Star converted DMR's/Sniper rifles, they say that they are well worth the cost and time. I can't actually comment yet but I'm very eager to get the custom gearbox back and test it out.

Comment

I have just been looking at this polar star stuff and it looks amazing however its sad that there appears to be no system of recoil like a traditional GBBR.

Still though, to rig it to a sniper rifle would be pretty sweet, but then it comes back to the whole lugging a gas cylinder around. For ultra realists this takes away somewhat from the benefits of having air power. And you have to wonder, making an M16 DMR with the polar star rig will cost you at least $700 (without the cost of the gun) as opposed to buying a co2 mag for a we M16 which will cost 5% of that.

Comment

Why are people suggesting polar star builds?? The mechanism of the Tanaka/KJW M700 is different in every possible way! It would be equivalent to trying to put a Polar star engine in a TM VSR!

Comment

We're making alternate suggestions that are still relevant to the topic...

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                    I have just been looking at this polar star stuff and it looks amazing however its sad that there appears to be no system of recoil like a traditional GBBR.

Still though, to rig it to a sniper rifle would be pretty sweet, but then it comes back to the whole lugging a gas cylinder around. For ultra realists this takes away somewhat from the benefits of having air power. And you have to wonder, making an M16 DMR with the polar star rig will cost you at least $700 (without the cost of the gun) as opposed to buying a co2 mag for a we M16 which will cost 5% of that.
                    I think the benefits of the Fusion Engine completely outweigh the cons. It's fully adjustable, incredibly consistent and has instant trigger response. You can also use suppressors effectively on them as well as sound hogs. The only benefits of GBBR's that I can think of is that you don't have the air bottle attached to you and in the short term it's much cheaper (seeing as I've spent over £1,000 in a day on getting parts I need). There is no cool down on a P*, it will work constantly, maintaining them is very simple, no expensive mags etc. Obviously some people think having an air bottle ruins airsoft, but that's their opinion and it won't stop me from playing - just shows them to be a bit of a tosspot, like sneering at people who use two tones.

To those who don't want to spend that money, it's completely fine. I believe all my money has been spent well. But the fusion engine won't achieve widespread use unless it's cost can come down and airsoft sites bring in air refill stations.

Comment

I think nothing less of people who use pink guns, guns with gas bottles or bic pens that have had the innards removed and are used to fire chewed up pieces of paper on the skirmish field - each to their own.

I'd love nothing more than a reliable gas gun but there really isn't anything out there that is as reliable as an AEG, except perhaps a P* which as you said costs a bomb. I personally wouldn't want to carry an air rig around, I like to be able to crawl around and I don't use a sling because I don't like to be connected to my gun but that's just me perhaps. I would totally buy a P* rig if you could store the gas internally, as I have said before an M60 probably has enough space in the stock to put an air rig.

WE GBBR - consistent on co2. Adjustable (and consistent) with NPAS. Fraction of the cost, no external mods and all it needs is a magazine to do it.

That said, this is a wander off topic and for that I apologise.

Comment

but there really isn't anything out there that is as reliable as an AEG
                        Haha, I really wish that was true!

There really in nothing as reliable as a P* but as you said if that's not your thing then its not your thing, fair enough.

The P* is the most advanced system on the market and apart from the cylinder (which personally doesn't bother me) they are even far more superior than a PTW. IMO!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt3033 View Post
                          Haha, I really wish that was true!

There really in nothing as reliable as a P* but as you said if that's not your thing then its not your thing, fair enough.
                          Ironically, a player on our site last Sunday managed to mess up his brand new P*, but then again he breaks every gun/gearbox he ever buys. I doubt he has ever played a full day. He really shouldn't be an airsofter.

Comment

I think one of these rigs would be ideal on a vehicle mounted LMG as then the gas feed could run down the mount.

Back to topic, isn't there a specific thing you can do for a bolt sniper? Isn't it in the other thread?

Comment

I think one of these rigs would be ideal on a vehicle mounted LMG as then the gas feed could run down the mount.

Back to topic, isn't there a specific thing you can do for a bolt sniper? Isn't it in the other thread?
                              Would be a good idea, evike TV on youtube have done it with a m240 bravo (I think) and run it into a 12ltr scuba cylinder so not have to worry about running out of air lol

And there is a c02 bolt kit that you can get for the A&K spring dragunov, maybe that would be a good place to start and see if its customisable/copyable?
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

old school loadout Find out more about old school loadout
                              Working...
                              X