This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with a sale - Harry66

Personally I dont know why someone selling a gun that he knew to be in worse condition than described, would invite the buyer to have a look at it in person. That just wouldnt be a very smart thing to do.

Harry, contact a Moderator and link them to this thread, requesting them to remove your negative feedback. Its not a fair summary and has been taken out of context.

Comment

As per what Jay8 has said. Harry66 came to the team for advice as he did not want to seem hostile or unfair towards StargateP90. We were all in agreement that he was doing the right thing and that StargateP90's threat of action in court was over the top... which increased our suspicion and re-enforced our agreement to not provide any kind of refund.

I personally stay away from all 2nd hand / forum sales for this reason. I'd complete a sale with friends and team mates sure. But if YOU (the buyer) miss something when making a purchase then that's on you and you alone. Making a sale in this way then demanding a refund and threatening court action is only seen as suspicious.

Again as Jay8 said there are numerous people who can and will vouch for Harry66 as being an honest and decent seller or any product (not just AEG's or GBB's). Agreed that Harry66 would have put a lot on the line to de-fraud someone in a sale, personally and for lack of a better word 'professionally' within the airsoft community.

As for the description of the item, there are MANY things that a seller can, and often will miss when writing a description. But that is for the two parties to agree upon at point of sale... if something is wrong then either the terms are changed or the sale does not go ahead. The responsibility is completely on the buyer to ensure that what he is buying is what he wants and what he is happy with. If he was in a rush, didn't know what he was doing or didn't take the time to examine the product completely then tough luck. If you went there, and saw he was giving you one mag and not five, but you paid the same price... got home then wanted a refund... would you have posted this on here?

And for smearing someone on a public forum for something which is hands down your own problem is just not on. If a seller is aggressive verbally or physically toward you then post it, if you never received your item then post it, if you receive a two tone gun when you bought a RIF without seeing it then post it. But remember that these forums can have a damaging effect on a persons credibility. Our team is behind Harry66 on his decision not to give StargateP90 a refund for this sale.
      sigpic
      TEAM NUCLEAR WASTE - TOM, A.K.A - CHERNOBYL

Comment

I think this comes under the "sold as seen" ruling of law. Unfortunate it has come to this but even a judge would say did you check it out and was happy prior to the sale and transaction. As a previous thread mentioned perhaps buying this way the buying party should request more pictures and inspect a little closer and the seller take more detailed pictures to cover the words on a listing. Either way, I hope all ends well for both.
        sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

I mean, yeah it sucks if there was some damage but if you got a good price and it only cost a tenner to rectify you can hardly piss your pants about it if you personally checked it out before paying. Count it as a mistake to learn from. Your mistake to be precise.
          Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

It's entirely possible that the test fire accentuated stress fractures in the slide, the crack could've also been very small during his ownership, minor enough to look like a bit of a scratch (i.e. cosmetic damage, enough to drop from "mint" to "good").

He advertised it as good condition and had no reason to believe it wasn't, you checked it and had no reason to believe it wasn't in good condition, to all reasonable extents it was in GOOD CONDITION at the time of the sale and so I'm fairly sure any court would laugh you right out of the building for trying to suggest there was false advertising. The slide got broke after sale, it is unfortunate that it happened so quickly post sale but it's second hand, this is the risk you take with it and crying about it IN PUBLIC just looks worse for yourself.
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Well, it was a face to face deal, the OP was happy at time of sale.
              Sorry but you checked it, if you werent thorough enough or it failed after you said you were happy then thats not Harrys fault in the slightest. He should not be held accountable in the slightest.
              A crack would have been obvious if it was checked over properly.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Well. What can one say about this that hasn't already been said?

StargateP90, yes, you have obviously made trade deals on here and they seem to have gone well according to your feedback. Harry66 had none till this point so now presents as -1 feedback. Reading the op's version of events and the response aired by Harry66 (And teammates) I too would say that you were in the wrong for leaving negative feedback.

"Why?" Simply because you had the opportunity to make a full inspection at the point of sale and you were happy with your purchase. The fact that you've taken it away and discovered something you hadn't noticed before isn't the seller's responsibility I'm afraid. The onus is on you to show it was damaged at the point of sale and as you were satisfied enough to walk away with it shows that it hadn't appeared damaged at the time.

If he'd posted it to you and the damage wasn't evident in any pictures provided, you may have had a case. Sadly, that's not how it happened so you'll have to learn from this mistake. I too think negative feedback was left harshly in this instance, but at the end of the day, that is what it's there for. To display your feeling of how the deal went.

It would be nice if you could both sort this out in a gentlemanly manner and perhaps agree to disagree.
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

This comes to mind

Comment

...since his Forum Assistance thread, I've been in touch with Harry66 to offer help a few minutes back, not had a reply as he's not online - but I'm suggesting that perhaps the OP could review the feedback given, and perhaps change it to at the very least, Neutral feedback.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Damn! Beat me too it...
                      Last edited by ForceGhost; 5 August, 2013, 00:22. Reason: Gaffa's too quick for me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

StargateP90 Find out more about StargateP90
                      Working...
                      X