Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do we upgrade ?

Originally posted by tisane View Post
    1) I only buy and use WE GBBRs, now while good out of the box there's always room for improvement.
    2) What better way is there to get to know how your chosen gun works than to continually strip the living daylights out of it, spending hour upon hour either simply cleaning it or adding more and more upgrades.
    I would never buy a WE GBBR (there's more 'room for improvement' than 'good out of the box' in those, in my considered opinion) but apart from that these two points really sum up my thinking behind my compulsive upgrading. Every airsoft weapon I can think of can be improved in many ways with the addition of aftermarket parts. Sometimes that's blindingly obvious - how many AEGs come with MOSFETs out of the box, even now? Not enough. Even the (rightly) much-vaunted Tokyo Marui still sell guns with pot-metal gears and non-polycarbonate plastic internals, never mind their ABS externals; hard work with upgrades and fitting tools can give even a high-end AEG - here a TM HK416D - a tougher set of gears, a torquier motor, better wiring, tougher bushings, a better barrel, a heavier recoil weight, a better buffer tube...

Also, I couldn't agree more about learning your gun through improvement. Many people (judging by the classifieds) buy a gun, break it/it breaks of its own accord, and are then clueless as to how to diagnose the problem or how to fix it. Taking it to bits repeatedly and fiddling with various parameters and components is by far the best way to learn the weapon inside-out and really get the best out of it.

Comment

After spending a couple of grand on guns (and the rest), I decided I'm crap with gearboxes and stuff, so I won't open them up. After some poor TM's and a temperament G&P, I mainly use ICS's. They fired likw blunderbus's so I've put tighter barrels in and replaced front handguards with either G&P or real steel (some mods needed to fit) and I'm now happy

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Comment

the two thing's go hand in hand ,playing and tinkering. i get bored with guns once they are how i want them.to be able to buy a gun that was exactly as i wanted it out of the box.... i'm not sure i'd want it , strange but true, i like making things better. plus there is enormous satisfaction listening to guy's waxing on about their systema then out shooting them with my agm mp40.

Comment

Believe it or not my most unreliable , tempermental gun is a tm aug . Gearbox migration , misfeeding , bbs jamming the trigger mech because of bad design . Hasn't actually broken because it never gets used nowadays due to it tempermental nature ..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chewybacka Find out more about Chewybacka
          Working...
          X