G&G compatible MP5 handguards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G compatible MP5 handguards?

I've recently gotten myself a G&G MP5 body, and bodged my Cyma MP5SD internals into it.
    Now, amongst the various issues I now have (mostly minor) I find that the standard handguard will not fit my mini batteries, and so at the moment, I'm having to resort to taping battery packs to the outside of the gun. obviously, this is not an elegant solution.

Which leads me to my 2 part question:
    1) are there MP5 handguards which will fit a standard mini format Ni-Mh battery in them?
    2) Of these, which will fit the G&G bodies (since I understand that the various companies mp5 bodies differ from one annother)
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Re: G&G compatible MP5 handguards?

the bodies may differ slightly but the front ends are similar,so any make should fit
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

what type of front end are you going for? they are all a little different, but if youre trying to make another SD variant then the cocking tubes are quite different!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
        what type of front end are you going for? they are all a little different, but if youre trying to make another SD variant then the cocking tubes are quite different!
        I was looking for just the handguard. but having had more of a play with the body, I've discovered that it doesn't work right (the cocking handle hits the gearbox, so I can't open the ejection port, and therefore can't get at the hop ajustment.)

so it's a moot point. I'm having to go back to the SD, and sell off the body
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

suppose it would make a difference if you are using different parts from different varients, im a little confused , what exactly did you start of with,and what were you trying to do?

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
            suppose it would make a difference if you are using different parts from different varients
            Don't think it's so much the different variants as the different companies
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

well it really depends on what parts he is trying to change, i will put my neck out here and say a standard mp5a4 handguard will fit, ie tm,cyma, g&g, ics they can all swap....but he using an SD, but isnt it a standard V2 gearbox, what varient of g&g body is he trying to put it in

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                well it really depends on what parts he is trying to change, i will put my neck out here and say a standard mp5a4 handguard will fit, ie tm,cyma, g&g, ics they can all swap....but he using an SD, but isnt it a standard V2 gearbox, what varient of g&g body is he trying to put it in
                I started off with a CYMA MP5SD, and the body (lower, upper, handguard etc) from a G&G standard MP5 (i.e. not an SD)
                I took the gearbox, barrel and hop-unit from the CYMA, and put them in the G&G. turns out, for some reason, the specs are just off, and it doesn't quite work right.
                I suspect it's due to both being blow-back fitted models, leading to it not quite being a standard V2, and it's more down to tolerances than anything.
                Not actually a builder
                Not actually called Bob.

Comment

i think it is the fact they are blowback models,because they probably use their own designs

Comment

Isn't the G&G a pneumatic one again? If so, there's your problem, it's not the same drag system as the Cyma, and is shorter on the top. Meaning to body has less room on top of the gearbox

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobthebuilder Find out more about bobthebuilder
                    Working...
                    X