identify my dessies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identify my dessies

picked up a pair of british dessie trousers the weekend of the type ive never seen before.
    genuine nato markings ,date 2006, slightly darker pattern than usual.
    but the odd thing is the leg pockets are cargo type but the flaps have buttons and velcro fixings, there is also another pocket behind these with a vertical velcro access that looks like its for knee pads, and a small phone size pocket on th right leg which has a flap at the bottom with a plastic insert and what looks like a short lenght of cord wrapped around a strip of plastic sewn into it.
    the surplus store had never seen this type before and 10 pairs came in with a large order he had made.
    any one have any idea what type these are, they are not the sas dessie wind proof type
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Re: identify my dessies

they spec force dessies by the sound of it if can upload pics mate we be able to ident asap

Comment

sound like the bulle desert tiger stripes i have

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

sounds like its acu cut dpm.

Comment

will get some photos up when i can, the trousers are genuine british issue and i have trawlled the net trying to find some info.
          they are desert dpm 2 colour but alot darker, the only info i can find is that they are possibly whats called gibraltar dessert dpm
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

If their defo British - British aircrew flying trousers. Used by door gunners and the RAF.
            Having read the whole post, im pretty sure their aircrew trousers.

Comment

Could it be the same style as the new deserts coming out or are out? i mean it fits the description i guess, maybe not for the pockets

Comment

Pics would be helpful!

Comment

cheers hoggy the bloke at marcruss in bristol suggested they might be but a search on the net showed nothing, there deffo british issue 2006 ,trouser combat lightweight part no a368000a23 / nsn 8415-99-4049504 ,will do some photos when i can

Comment

photos.
                    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...0/IMG_0581.jpg
                    http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...0/IMG_0580.jpg

Comment

yep aircrew trousers.....
                      I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

cheers tall bloke ,any idea what the small leg pocket is for as it has a small clear plastic insert sewn into it and also a piece of black plastic with some white cord wrapped around it with a metal ring on the end

Comment

the clear plastic is so that you can use it for ether writing on or to have info in the pocket and you can look down whilst seated, hence aircrew trousers.
                          also work good for OP,S aswell.

cheers

lee
                          theres always time for a brew!!!

Comment

Like said, aircrew put things in the clear pocket such as radio freq's, which then are wrote on. Also maps in 1:250,000 scale.
                            Def aircrew trousers, the pocket facing down is for ease of getting stuff out while wearing bulky aircrew gloves.
                            Wouldnt mind a set of these myself!

Comment

Originally posted by screwdriver View Post
                              cheers tall bloke ,any idea what the small leg pocket is for as it has a small clear plastic insert sewn into it and also a piece of black plastic with some white cord wrapped around it with a metal ring on the end
                              The black plastic winder and cord with the ring on the end are for the secure mounting of the aircrew 'J' Knife. The plastic inset holde the thumb button of the J Knife securelt and the cord stops you losing it outside the aircraft if you drop your knife.

That said i personally have the J knife as it's as bout as useful as tits on a fish. The older Aircrew knife was a much better tool. The modern J Knife is more of a glorified seatbelt cutter, which might help you get out of the aircraft in the event of an emergency where you need to cut your straps, but once on the gorund has no appreciable value. With this in mind, I and many of my aircrew colleagues have found that a small gerber multi tool fits in this pocket and it much more use. (it has a bottle opener)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

screwdriver Find out more about screwdriver
                              Working...
                              X