Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What movie scenes could be scaled/recreated for airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What movie scenes could be scaled/recreated for airsoft?

I was watching Heat on Saturday and the bank heist shoot-out scene got me thinking how cool it would be if that could be downsized and done in airsoft.

You could have two groups of airsofters with some preparation time for planning, etc. One group playing the bank robbers and the other playing the security and cops. Unfortunately, you'd have to have actors for the bank staff/customers.

I guess with proper low level pre-event planning it could work but it'd possibly be a bit too complicated, the game would probably be over too quickly and I've not really given much thought to how feasible it'd be in general but I do like the initial idea.

It'd be good to hear what other movie scenes people think could be scaled down and recreated for airsoft?
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.

Re: What movie scenes could be scaled/recreated for airsoft?

Enough Shoei MG42's and we could do the D-Day landing from Saving Private Ryan :p
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

Well with enough planning just about any event could be done really.

The only thing is it would take either a lot to do a small section or very little time but it would still have people wandering off, not taking hits and various other things. Though I will be honest before I even opened up this thread I had a strong feeling that the words 'I just watched Heat' would be in the top post.

Though when I was looking at pistol shooting competition ideas I was looking at a number of 'Hollywood' themed ideas. Ones that involve taking a scene and mixing it into a target shooting idea etc. It can be done with a little imagination but will never be perfect. Also if going whole hog make it gas and spring only, may as well as then you have that little edge of realism but still slightly larger mags to contend with Hollywood large mags :p.

'FireKnife'
      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Well you could probably do broke back mountain with a little gun lube if that's your kinda thing?

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Got to be the scene in Lock, Stock & Two smoking barrels where the 2 gangs meet in the flat next door.
          JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

I suppose "recreate" is probably the wrong word because it would be almost impossible to make work to a good enough level. Perhaps "based on" would be a more appropriate expression. A bit like what The Mall does with the Zombie stuff...

FireKnife – nice idea RE pistol shooting ideas. I like that a lot.
            Things I hate:
            2. Irony.
            3. Lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
              FireKnife – nice idea RE pistol shooting ideas. I like that a lot.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmG1FhZiWnc

Just to give an example in the above video, from about 3:42 to about 4:05. Roll to the left, collect pistol engage first target from the supine position. Next to a knee engage target two on the left, then stand and move forward, engaging pop up target on the right before (skipping the fourth bad guy in this case, i.e. no target for him) shooting the final target, going to a slide lock reload and then finishing on the last shot which well be on a smaller target to represent the shot to the head.

That is the only one I have finalised so far, need to work out five to make it a full set :p.

That really is about the closest I have come to doing a film based event, though if I wasn't in such an inbred dump with little in the way of airsoft I would try doing actual film and real world days at sites I could hire, things like standoffs, raids and such. Something to add a third dimension to the typically flat games many sites I have been to play.

'FireKnife'
              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

the last scene of "Butch Casidy and the Sun dance Kid" ,im sure i've done that once or twice.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmG1FhZiWnc
                  Something to add a third dimension to the typically flat games many sites I have been to play.

'FireKnife'
                  If you're ever down Swansea way for any reason, please come and have a game at Pathfinder, our admins seem to work out the most amazing scenarios time after time, and credit to them for it..... As for film scenes, we've ended up feeling like we were at the battle of the little big horn a few times... lol.
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Sorry if it's been said already - The Matrix. I've done it before (much to the other team's displeasure). You see the BBs flying towards you, and have enough time to side-step, duck and roll out of the way.
                    sigpic
                    "I are God, lol."

Comment

Originally posted by WillGreen View Post
                      Sorry if it's been said already - The Matrix. I've done it before (much to the other team's displeasure). You see the BBs flying towards you, and have enough time to side-step, duck and roll out of the way.
                      In bullet time I trust?
                      Things I hate:
                      2. Irony.
                      3. Lists.

Comment

Nah he just plays against children armed with market stall springers at a range greater than 10m :p.

Also have to love how Max Payne coined the phrase 'bullet time' and trademarked it so The Matrix games had to make do with 'focus'.

Damn it need to think of four other shooting examples for my Hollywood set, something from the film Ronin perhaps (firing at card cut outs of Sean Bean?).

'FireKnife'

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                          Nah he just plays against children armed with market stall springers at a range greater than 10m :p.

Also have to love how Max Payne coined the phrase 'bullet time' and trademarked it so The Matrix games had to make do with 'focus'.

Damn it need to think of four other shooting examples for my Hollywood set, something from the film Ronin perhaps (firing at card cut outs of Sean Bean?).

'FireKnife'
                          Good call... I like Ronin - good movie.

And let us also include the Mexican standoff scene in Reservoir Dogs. Actually, doesn't every Tarantino film have a Mexican standoff...
                          Things I hate:
                          2. Irony.
                          3. Lists.

Comment

got to be the scene from Leon where they raid his flat and he hangs down from the ceiling above the door frame upside down and slaughters them after they've all piled in. Takes real balls to wait for enemies to pass you before engaging.

- - - Updated - - -

make it like an obstacle course where each obstacle is famous shootout scene you have to re-enact on a time limit haha
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team
                            "I love this sport because after you've shot the same guy in the head 5 times in one game, you'll still walk over and laughingly shake hands like old friends at the end of it"
                            www.youtube.com/user/RoguePlank/videos

Comment

Originally posted by RoguePlank View Post
                              make it like an obstacle course where each obstacle is famous shootout scene you have to re-enact on a time limit haha
                              It pretty much is but more each run is one short shoot, move, shoot thing and then compare times etc.

Will have to look at it but I try and run five as a set so if I can get five here that would be good.

'FireKnife'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dutch Classified Find out more about Dutch
                              Working...
                              X