how do i remove this bloody tape?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how do i remove this bloody tape?!

Run a chisel or blade down the body where there's still bits left then use alcohol and one of those sponges with the rough side, always worked for me.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

As long as you test a small amount discreetly on the plastic first, I find acetone (nail varnish remover) will cut through pretty much anything in the way of glue residue. If you leave it to soak, it will even soften super glue (though I don't recommend soaking with plastic components unless you know for sure they wont melt...:/ )

Comment

Nail varnish remover

Comment

Do not use acetone / nail varnish remover on plastic

Comment

Sticky Stuff Remover???
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

If you have gone down the hot soapy water route, while its warm, try rubbing it with the abrasive side of a kitchen sponge, like the one you do the dishes with.
              "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Would lighter fluid damage anything? Thats the best at getting sticky stuff off. Just no smoking while your doing it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Look on the bright side of things I always do !
                  It could have been much worse ....

It could have been on my gun !
                  Mah ha ha ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                    Do not use acetone / nail varnish remover on plastic
                    It's true, acetone will dissolve certain plastics (quite a few actually) but if you test it on a small area (preferably on the inside of the body on part that doesn't contact any other parts, ie somewhere unimportant that you won't be able to see) and you prove to yourself it's not going to damage the plastic then it can be a very effective cleaner. If the gun stock is ABS, then don't even bother testing. It'll melt. There are other solvents out there though. Again, it's always important to test *any* cleaning solution somewhere 'safe' before you go throwing it all over your gear. As a suggestion, hexane might be a better choice than acetone, as apparently it is less prone to dissolving plastics, though it could well be that a gun is made out of one of the plastics that it will damage. On the other hand, I'm not sure how easy it is to get hold of.

Comment

No idea what this stuff was but it was pretty hardcore...None of the above worked. However a hair dryer did... not sure why i didnt think of that before removed the tape in one piece and left barely any residue.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bonse 24 from Notts, been into gaming for about 12 years. Find out more about Bonse
                      Working...
                      X