Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Do Parcelforce Still Carry (and Cover) Airsoft Guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Parcelforce Still Carry (and Cover) Airsoft Guns?

right so i went off down to the Post Office today, and was in there for 30 mins going through Parcelforces restricted item list with the lady behind the counter as apparently their T&C's have changed once again (last few weeks) and its all been changed again from the last set which allowed Rifs. anyone know anything solid? i had a quick glance at the PF website but didnt see anything (its sunny and i was looking on me phone)
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Re: Do Parcelforce Still Carry (and Cover) Airsoft Guns?

I sent a RIF not 2 weeks ago and it was permitted just fine after the lady behind the counter checked the restricted items, if it has changed it was very quickly, they only allowed RIFs from around the second week of July if i remember.

Comment

this is also why i was wondering. i mean i got my vector yesterday via PF, but im just really confused now heh

Comment

Just got this off Parcel Force's web site:
        PROHIBITED GOODS
        In the event of Parcelforce Worldwide returning an item to the sender due to contravention of customs regulations for Prohibited Goods, the charges will not be refunded and a return charge may apply.
        Arms and Ammunition

All firearms including: imitations and antiques; paint-ball or toy guns; taser guns; air rifles, air pistols, components of firearms and all other items similar to, or resembling the foregoing are prohibited. All ammunition (including components thereof) and airgun pellets are also prohibited.
        That would include airsoft guns.

The "Guns for sporting use" thing is Royal Mail:
        From the RM Prohibitions list online:
        Ammunition

Except lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles.
        Weapons

Including Section 5 firearms, CS gas and pepper sprays, flick knives, tasers and stun guns. Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.

Guns for sporting use - including Section 1, Section 2 firearms and low-powered airguns - are allowed subject to applicable export controls on the shipment of firearms. Please see www.royalmail.com/internationalrestrictedgoods
        All that would indicate to me that they can be sent by Royal Mail, but not Parcel Force.

Comment

Nothing solid either way. They now permit low powered air guns but do not allow replica firearms. You could argue an Airsoft gun is either/both be it RIF or IF. IMO, whoever has the best lawyer would win if it came to a court appearance should anything happen with a parcel or the contents of that they delivered.

We actually discussed this same issue in our podcast
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

great. so you can send them if theyre tiny, as royal mail seem to not go bigger than 'small parcel'

adn i thought PF was just a part of royal mail?

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
              great. so you can send them if theyre tiny, as royal mail seem to not go bigger than 'small parcel'

adn i thought PF was just a part of royal mail?
              PF is but isn't... at least that is how they see it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parcelforce

Use the PF name to screw you with Customs charges and hold your property, use RM name to have priority over post from abroad when importing.
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Though owned by the Royal Mail Holdings PLC, Royal Mail Group Ltd, Parcelforce Ltd and the Post Office Ltd are separate companies and enforce their own rules.

Companies send stuff via PF all the time and they get away with it.

Surely if sent in two parts they become spare parts rather than a RIF?
                Upcoming Games:
                None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

When i sent mine i declared it as low powered air weapon when they asked, went through via PF 48hrs not a problem. I guess unless we're sending pistols and other small items via RM we're in no better situation when it comes to postage of full sized RIFs than before.. -sigh

Comment

I have sent 2 guns in the last 7 days, both were asked "what is it?" and I replied none of your business frankly and she accepted that and sent it off. Both arrived according to the buyers so they're sending still. I can't remember exactly what carrier took it but usually it's parcel force for larger items.

Comment

Parts of replica firearms are prohibited but parts of low powered air guns are not... you could argue an airsoft gun, RIF or IF is both.
                      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Low Powered Air Weapons are carried by both Parcel Force and Royal Mail. Don't get bogged down with RIF / Airsoft gun or any such rubbish.

Stick to the above, and you should have no issues. Also helps to state no ammunition or propellant.

Again, don't get hung up with semantics - just be honest and provide what will be deemed an acceptable answer.

Gun goes off to destination - fully insured.

Comment

thats what we went with in the end. as its a boltie (in this case) it is a low powered air rifle.

Comment

Replica firearms are prohibited, ultimately you could argue an airsoft gun is a replica firearm as well as a low powered air gun. I am simply playing devils advocate and showing how grey their rules are.
                            Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
                            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                            Working...
                            X