ACOG on m4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACOG on m4

hi im looking at puting an ACOG on my M4 but what i want to know is do you see any of the frount sight in the sight picture (pics wulod be helpfull) and befor any one says im not going to do any of this free flote s**t
    all help will be aprecated
    Originally posted by Stones
    true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Re: ACOG on m4

Depends how high your mounts are. Any what magnification it has.

If its on a low profile mount, straight onto the upper reciever, then you will get a fair bit of foresight in there. Consider getting a flipup one. If its a 4x magnification, you may get lucky and the foresight wont be in focus.

On a med-high mount, or ontop of the carry handle, I cant see there being a problem.

Comment

yeah the front sight will get in the way

just swap out your standard "4" shaped front sight for a flip up one.. much better aesthetically (compared to higher rail mounts)

Did we trade? Leave iTrader Feedback Here!

Old Feedback Thread (Reference)

Comment

i have a 4x mag acog and i cant see the front sight when looking through the acog.

Comment

I use a low profile x4 scope on my M16 an I don't see the front sight in it, but if it is a red dot version consider putting in on the carry handle instead as that will stop it interfering.

Comment

You will see the front sight through a non-magnified red dot ACOG, but you just concentrate on the dot and ignore the sight. I've had an M4, MP7, F2000 and MP5 that have all had visible front sights through the red dot and you just tune it out. My current AKS-74U has exactly the same thing with the Kobra sight and, again, you just ignore it.

If, on the other hand, you are getting a 4x ACOG then there is no issue at all as the focal length of the sight means that it won't focus on the front sight, so it will just be a faint blur which your eyes don't recognise as being something to take notice of. Just like taking a photo through a wire fence, the camera focuses past the wire so you don't see it.

Here's a photo I found on the net of the view through (I think) an Eotech, with the front sight visible:

sigpic

Comment

i'm thinking about getting an acog for my m4 too. are they any good?

how about those clear 3 / 4 x magnification lenses that you put behind your eotech or red dot? the ones that flip to the side like this:

are they any good? i think it might make my eotech sit too far forward on my top ris.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

No, it won't You won't see any difference when looking through the sights
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

ok so the way to go is with the 4X ACOG can any one recomend a good one? or is star the only one that make a 4X one?
                  Originally posted by Stones
                  true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Comment

g&p make the best replica acogs by far.. they aren't cheap though..
                    Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

This is how I've adjusted my sight reticule to my front post sight...

Now I'm unsure if it should be kissing the front post, I'm confused a bit with this now...
                      Last edited by TheLazyMarksman; 4 March, 2010, 19:41. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
                        This is how I've adjusted my sight recitcule to my front post sight...

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/DSC03233.jpg

Now I'm unsure if it should be kissing the front post, I'm confused a bit with this now...
                        That's fine like that.
                        When you've got both your iron sights up and you look through the rear sight, red dot and front sight everything should line up (as long as it's all zeroed) when you flip the rear sight down the dot will jump up above the front sight like in your pic.

Comment

M'kay, just making sure its right. everything you've described is correct Evansy.

Comment

I have been trying to get over the same problem with a G&P red dot I have just bought a 20mm raiser to make it that little bit higher PM if you want details.

Comment

if you mount the acog on the carry handle with the adaptor plate you only see the top of the front iron at the bottem of the acog.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the guru love computers, XBOX, TV and airsoft Find out more about the guru
                              Working...
                              X