Revolvers - Big Ones !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolvers - Big Ones !

Just finished my compact 1911 project and its left me little unfulfilled. Whilst browsing around I came across some revolvers that i really liked the look of. The Marushin Raging Bull in 8 inches.... sexy beast. There a bit hard to come by and not full metal - also the're fps is little low 220 fps and they run on duster gas (?) But it looks hella sexy. There was also the Marushin Constrictor - but Ive read conflicting reports that its part metal or all abs and split of the 2. Theres also the Marushin Unlimited which looks good and I think is made from metal.

The ASG Dan Wesson i know are full metal and have ahuuuge fps 450-500fps and also the Winguns which also look similar to the ASG's. Nice guns look like they perform well but don't seem to have the wow factor of the Marushins.

I'm not after a gun for gaming - just something to hold caress and plink with.

I wanted some advice from anyone thats owned any of these guns, particularly the Marushin - how do they perform and the pro's and cons of owning one. Also is there anything Ive missed out of the big revolver range I should be looking at.

Cheers, in advance.

Re: Revolvers - Big Ones !

Most of our team have the Dan wessons in 6", they're nice weighty and all metal. You can get power down shells so the fps again is around 220 but a 1.5mm drill bit and you can drill those out to get around the 300+ fps mark. The accuracy is ok with them but range IS a major issue as they do not have hop up which in my eyes is its only down fall. Still a skirmishable pistol (if you wanted to) at the very close encounters and general ranges in which you would draw a pistol at.

that said, if you want something to plink with the dan wesson 4.5mm steel bb shooter is ment to be very accurate and a all round good shooter... if you youtube the dan wessons they all give pretty good reviews and AFAIK winguns are pretty much the same as the dan wessons just in a different body.

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

Tanaka M500. Tanaka make the best revolvers, and the M500s perform very well. 10.5" big enough?

I'm not a fan of the 'Dan Wessons'. Probably because they're not Dan Wessons, and they have horrible grips, but if you want power and metal go for it. The Marushins are ok - a little lightweight and plasticy, and don't shoot too well. The Raging Bull is probably one of the better ones. All the Marushins (Except some very limited ones) are plastic - not bad plastic, but nowhere near as nice as a HW/coated Tanaka. I would personally go for a Tanaka M500, any Tanaka N Frame like a 629 V Comp etc. or Tanaka Ruger Super Redhawk. They have the perfect mix of quality, realism and skirmishability if you choose to with ~14 BB capacities. They can also take real steel grips which is a big plus to me - I've sold all my semi autos to get a revolver collection going.

Comment

Does anyone do a smith and Wesson Model 29, the .44 magnum? I'd buy it just so I could do the "do you feel lucky" line
        There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by fangsnatcher View Post
          Does anyone do a smith and Wesson Model 29, the .44 magnum? I'd buy it just so I could do the "do you feel lucky" line
          TANAKA! They do loads of M29s (N Frames) - They do the Model 29 in 6.5" and 10" versions (Heavywight, midnight blue & steel finish available), Model 629s (silver) available in loads of variants and Performance Centre/ V Comp 629s as well. They shoot around 350FPS with adjustable power (Older versions anyway), adjustable hop, nice and heavy and very realistic. 14 BB capacity and metal cylinder (Unlike Marushin etc.). Lovely guns - there's one up for sale here actually which I'm tempted to buy. They take any real N Frame grips, rubber, wood etc. etc. Marushin make one too, but they're pretty weedy feeling in comparison, and the FPS is low.

Comment

Tanaka and Marushin.
            The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Error
              Last edited by deanfirst; 15 August, 2013, 23:00.
              sigpic

Comment

Error
                Last edited by deanfirst; 15 August, 2013, 23:00.
                sigpic

Comment

Error
                  sigpic

Comment

Error

Comment

Thanks for the pointers .... looking at the Tanaka range , they look pretty awesome. But they look like you load gas through one of the shell barrels ..? Looks wierd kind. Marushins still looking good especially the Unlimited. From what Ive read if you broke / need a part on the tanaka or the marushin you can be a bit screwed.

I'll probably keep a look out in the classified for a good used one.

Cheers guys.

Comment

Have you considered Tokyo Marui revolvers? The finish isn't as nice as tanaka or marushins, but they may be a more realistic option to skirmish.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

IronMonkeyPimp Find out more about IronMonkeyPimp
                        Working...
                        X