Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Blank Firing Pistols/Rifles in the airsoft field. Do they have a place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blank Firing Pistols/Rifles in the airsoft field. Do they have a place?

I have been to WW2 Milsim days and they have been used by organisers and people who have had a large role in the scenario. To great affect it adds alot of ambience.

Link to the game The large sounds at about the 1:30 mark is a "bird scarier" bit modeled into an AT Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFo5YowGtNs

In a normal skirmish I wouldn't bother.

Stu

Comment

It's a behavioural stress disorder, not a psycho trigger switch that turns a guy into a raving lunatic. I have no problems making it known that I have PTSD. Does airsoft have a detrimental effect on my mental health? No it does not.
      Airsoft is not even close to "war like". It just isn't. Frankly, I've had more "war like" bowel movements.

You mean to think that because there are blokes wandering around in fatigues, carrying toy guns that it must have some kind of negative impact on PTSD sufferers? You flatter yourself. If that was the case I'd never turn on the TV or watch a movie.
      Whatever you do, don't wear a shemagh or carry an AK or you might not make it home for tea!

I'd personally have no problems with you using a blank shooter for prop purposes, Aribos. It just wouldn't be very practical and you'd be better of with pea bombs or thermobarics. You can also use BFGs and cross into my personal space when I have my muzzle off. You could even say hello and we'll go halves on a kit kat.

Comment

Originally posted by RiflemanLizard View Post
        It's a behavioural stress disorder, not a psycho trigger switch that turns a guy into a raving lunatic. I have no problems making it known that I have PTSD. Does airsoft have a detrimental effect on my mental health? No it does not.
        Airsoft is not even close to "war like". It just isn't. Frankly, I've had more "war like" bowel movements.

You mean to think that because there are blokes wandering around in fatigues, carrying toy guns that it must have some kind of negative impact on PTSD sufferers? You flatter yourself. If that was the case I'd never turn on the TV or watch a movie.
        Whatever you do, don't wear a shemagh or carry an AK or you might not make it home for tea!

I'd personally have no problems with you using a blank shooter for prop purposes, Aribos. It just wouldn't be very practical and you'd be better of with pea bombs or thermobarics. You can also use BFGs and cross into my personal space when I have my muzzle off. You could even say hello and we'll go halves on a kit kat.
        Bonkers. Absolutely stark raving bonkers. This is clearly a textbook case of "Shell shock" if ever I bore witness to one.

Tell the colonel to order the men's tiffin later, as it looks like we have another to be shot at dawn.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
        Working...
        X