CAW GLM vs ICS GLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAW GLM vs ICS GLM

Come pay day I want to get me a GLM, the problem I am faced with is as the title suggests. The ICS launcher brand new is obviously cheaper, however the CAW launcher 2nd hand comes in at the same price as the ICS model. From what I'm aware the CAW launcher is mostly made of metal whereas the ICS counterpart is polymer and can break over time as well as the spring loaded barrel system can weaken and struggle with heavier shells, but spare parts are easy to obtain to rectify this.

The CAW launcher on the other hand I know pretty much nothing about other than it's metal and more expensive brand new......So if anyone could enlighten me which is the "better" one....

Re: CAW GLM vs ICS GLM

If you define "over time" as "the first time you actually skirmish it and it gets knocked around" then you have the measure of the ICS GLM. It's such a dissapointment.

Both use spring loaded barrel systems, but the CAW is all round better.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

It's quite the conundrum.....I have considered getting a single tube launcher, but at around £130 - £150 to even £200.... It seems crazy not to think about getting a GLM. However with a GLM also comes the need for 6 shells which aren't cheap. I do prefer the look of the CAW one if im honest as it looks more like the one from Predator... (lol).

Comment

Also bare in mind the CAW is a heavy awkward bastard to lug around.
        The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

I have an ICS GLM, have no complaints about it other than the weight of the launcher + 6 shells. I know nothing about it being unreliable but then again I haven't skirmished it heavily--only taken it out on two days so far, one day was an all gas day haha.

Comment

I was just going off the one I held in a store once. It was falling apart and it hadn't even been skirmished...
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

rampage had both and sold the ICS one but tbh if you have a caw one the ICS one will feel cheap by comparison. I'm buying an ICS one at the weekender as i wanna have some fun in a few ambushes, and you can get 2 CO2 ready shells for £50 if you know where to look so its takes some of the expense out.

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SGT-Snail Find out more about SGT-Snail
              Working...
              X