The Cheapsoft Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cheapsoft Challenge

I'm always interested to read the "I'm new to airsoft, what's the best £200 or £150 AEG or sniper rifle etc to get?" threads. Advice is always interesting, diverse and at times a little bonkers.

So, being a bit bored and work is very slow today....

I was wondering if there was any interest in a "Cheapsoft Challenge"? The idea is to set a budget, say £200 maximum, not including postage, for a load out. Complete load out, including everything apart from BBs, batteries, foot wear + face protection.

Example:
    Tokyo Marui AK47s £80
    Tokyo Marui Colt Python stubby revolver (virtually brand new boxed) £65
    Pistol holster £10
    Second hand British DPM shirt + trousers £15
    Unknown DPM webbing set £12
    DPM crap cap £5
    Old scrim scarf, couple of quid from a boot fair
    walkie talkie, one of a pair, give other one to a mate (free kicking about from skiing years ago sprayed green)

photo.jpg

TOTAL: £189 all in Or drop the pistol and it's £114, less than 3 rentals at most sites.

Can anyone do better than that? More importantly is anybody as bored as I am to even bother trying?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Trouble; 20 August, 2013, 11:57.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: The Cheapsoft Challenge

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
    less than 3 rentals at most sites.
    Presuming they've done their first 3 already you mean..?*

*Unless other defence than UKARA available to said player.

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post

With camera phones we are all film-makers now!*
      *in no way constitutes actual legal advice

I really like this thread, especially the inclusion of things other than the gun into the budget. So many new players blow their budget on the gun and then have a terrible time having to refill their only hicap mid skirmish, something that really grinds my gears when you are just at a critical point in a mission and suddenly half your team are farting about at regen with bags of BBs.

Its going to get inundated with Combat Machine fans really fast though. Personally I think there are better budget guns out there, just less available. Cyma have some excellent aegs for a good price, especially AKs. My one came with an extra 550 hicap for £130, but you'll find them out of stock pretty much everywhere.

Of course your rules need some modification: if you are not including postage then importing starts to look very good.

Comment

Thanks for the input, but don't want this to end up an UKARA debate. It's just a bit of fun to pass the time of day.

An effective load out for under £200...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Figjam View Post
        With camera phones we are all film-makers now!*
        *in no way constitutes actual legal advice

I really like this thread, especially the inclusion of things other than the gun into the budget. So many new players blow their budget on the gun and then have a terrible time having to refill their only hicap mid skirmish, something that really grinds my gears when you are just at a critical point in a mission and suddenly half your team are farting about at regen with bags of BBs.

Its going to get inundated with Combat Machine fans really fast though. Personally I think there are better budget guns out there, just less available. Cyma have some excellent aegs for a good price, especially AKs. My one came with an extra 550 hicap for £130, but you'll find them out of stock pretty much everywhere.

Of course your rules need some modification: if you are not including postage then importing starts to look very good.
        I think for import you'd need to include postage + tax etc. Point taken though. Perhaps another rule is it is for this weekend. You have to put it together for delivery by Saturday, which means Hong Kong stuff is a no go...

The sniping load out I have in mind is slightly leftfield, but I'm going to save that one until someone else has a go...
        “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

To be fair, at no point did he say that this "Cheapsoft Challenge" was aimed at new players without defense. Dont jump to conclusions!

And for my input...

JG G36 - £120
          DPM Combats - £20
          Old Combat Boots - £20
          Second hand SA Rig - £20
          Camelback - £20

There you go...not as cheap as yours, but then I reckon yours will be hard to beat!

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
            To be fair, at no point did he say that this "Cheapsoft Challenge" was aimed at new players without defense. Dont jump to conclusions!

And for my input...

JG G36 - £120
            DPM Combats - £20
            Old Combat Boots - £20
            Second hand SA Rig - £20
            Camelback - £20

There you go...not as cheap as yours, but then I reckon yours will be hard to beat!
            Camelback, that's a really interesting add on. I like that, especially in these summer months and could give you an edge over other "cheapsofters" if the game is a long one!

If I give you my other walkie talkie we've the beginnings of a Cheapsoft Team...

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
              Camelback, that's a really interesting add on. I like that, especially in these summer months and could give you an edge over other "cheapsofters" if the game is a long one!

If I give you my other walkie talkie we've the beginnings of a Cheapsoft Team...
              Haha. The "CAC", Cheap and Cheerful. I like it!

Yeah I think a Camelback is really important. Being the portly gentlemen that I am, I need some sort of hydration on me, and I just find a bottle to be too cumbersome, especially with the lightweight loadout I usually go with.

Boots as well! Good footwear is always important. Just too easy to turn over an ankle. God I sound old..

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                Haha. The "CAC", Cheap and Cheerful. I like it!

Yeah I think a Camelback is really important. Being the portly gentlemen that I am, I need some sort of hydration on me, and I just find a bottle to be too cumbersome, especially with the lightweight loadout I usually go with.

Boots as well! Good footwear is always important. Just too easy to turn over an ankle. God I sound old..
                Good point on the boots. I didn't initially want to include them in the price challenge as a lot of people have outdoor boots kicking about. But you are right, important things. Having said that I wouldn't tell these gents that their load out sucks because of their choice of slip ons:

How about a leftfield sniper load out?

Above mentioned second hand DPMs £15
                Web Tex concealment vest, brand new £28.95
                Old sacks usually free, but lets call it £5 as it's for this weekend
                natural vegetation free
                hqdefault.jpg
                DPM faux leather gloves £10
                2nd hand Tokyo Marui MK23 pistol with 3 mags £120
                2nd hand inner barrel from a TM G Spec VSR to put in the MK23 extending into the silencer £15
                Unknown DPM webbing from above £12

TOTAL = £209, slightly over thread budget but we could lose the gloves and use felt tip pens to colour our hands to get it in on budget?

Ok, there's no sniper rifle, buuuut, it will outtrange a lot of AEGs, just under 350 FPS on 134 or on Ultra it's pushing 400 so it can be classed as a designated marksman pistol if a field will allow it, and is very accurate and silent.
                Last edited by Trouble; 20 August, 2013, 14:41.

Comment

Yes that would probably be wise

Comment

so four of the 5 most important items are not included

1, eye pro
                    2, boots
                    3, bbs
                    4, battery

fail.................lol
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

In all fairness it mentions in the first post that it is excluding those things.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post

1, eye pro
                        2, boots
                        3, bbs
                        4, battery

fail.................lol
                        Not fail, this is not necessarily aimed at new players. Most of us have batteries, boots, BBs etc.

Thanks for the input, but it's just a bit of fun. So much so I think I might run a couple of cheapsoft loadouts this weekend, see how they perform, just for the challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post

1, eye pro
                          2, boots
                          3, bbs
                          4, battery

fail.................lol
                          It says not to include these in the first post.

fail.................lol

Comment

Even including those it is not that hard:

£10 for a Sensei Mask thing on eBay etc.
                            £130 for an ICS Sportline (2 hi-caps included as standard).
                            £20 for Battery and Charger from a well know battery shop.
                            £30 for some surplus DPMs and well worn boots.
                            £10 for some BBs.

Comes in at £200 and that is all you really need to begin with.

Excluding the things we don't have to account for the ICS MP5 and the rest brings it in nicely, even better if you can find a good second hand one.

'FireKnife'
                            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Airsoft leeds View Post
                              In all fairness it mentions in the first post that it is excluding those things.
                              Ok then.

£5 Springer from the market.
                              £1.99 Boxershorts from market.

Done.

[Edit] Added underwear..... Guessed price.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                              Working...
                              X