• Show
Clear All

• Picking a new pistol between 2

I'm picking a new pistol between..

KWA M93R
    Madbull Socom Gear 1911 MEU SOC

What do you guys think?

Re: Picking a new pistol between 2

Both guns are good, but the kwa will most likely be more reliable and have better aftermarket support for spare parts etc
    Then again the MEU does look really nice ...

Comment

The argument that is going to come up (eventually) is that a fair few amongst us hate/dont like the socom gear as its WE based, so the KWA will be the winner on that basis. However ive owned 1 WE 1911 and 2 Socom Gear MEU's and not had a single issue with them (and with a few upgrades and tweaks ive preferred them over a TM 1911).

My advice would be to try and get your hands on both from players at your local site and try them out (most players are pretty accommodating and wont mind you trying one of their toys out).

Reaver
      "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

Originally posted by R34V3R View Post
        The argument that is going to come up (eventually) is that a fair few amongst us hate/dont like the socom gear as its WE based, so the KWA will be the winner on that basis. However ive owned 1 WE 1911 and 2 Socom Gear MEU's and not had a single issue with them (and with a few upgrades and tweaks ive preferred them over a TM 1911).

My advice would be to try and get your hands on both from players at your local site and try them out (most players are pretty accommodating and wont mind you trying one of their toys out).

Reaver
        I'm yet to see anyone at my site who even owns a M9, a few guys have 1911's but I don't think they are the ones that I am looking for. I have owned a TM M9 before and I didn't like it really, but all guns are different I guess. The 1911 is more sleek and I like there mags better since they are thin, but they don't hold as much as the mags for the M93. I want something that comes with enough stuff to get me started, the mag for the 1911 only holds 15 I believe and only comes with 1 mag, the mag for the M93 hold 32 rounds and can get an extended one that holds 48.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, could someone tell me the difference between the KWA M93R II and the KWA M93R Beretta *Metal Slide & System 7 Blowback* <-- title it had on the website.

Comment

The Kwa comes under a few brand names , Kwa , ksc , asg and a couple of others . Both plastic and metal slide versions were available , some with a 3 round burst and some without . I own asg / Kwa m93r11 which uses the more gas efficient ns2 / system 7 . Type system . These work much better than the earlier non ns2 system . A stock and scope is also available as an aftermarket option .
          Downsides are its weight , hard to holster / find holsters for unless you use a universal adjustable type .
          The pros are . Accurate , very good range and fps for a pistol. Mine fires at 330/50 , the 3 round burst is a brilliant feature , and auto is pretty fast on them .the hop is a bit finicky to adjust but once set it holds very well .

Comment

Neither.

Both of them are bad guns for different reasons. The M93R is the better of those two but there are much better choices out there. I personally would not suggest anything with the WE / SG branding after seeing a total of 5 fail in my time, one of which I owned and tested and before it even failed the parts fit was awful.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

WE 1911s are infamous for issues across the board, and 1911s themselves have their own issues.

If your site has a lot of 1911s and you don't like the M9 (although I can understand why with the TM being a very old design), why not go for something else like a P226?
              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

my thoughts are that of fireknife.
                the M93r will be better of the two until it breaks (it will, theyre fragile.) and its the most complicated thing you will ever see inside of that. parts are awkwardly available from KWA directly though.
                WE/SG just flat out suck. buy one if you like the sound of venting mags.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Well the M93 is a decent choice but can be very costly (If a pistol has full auto etc you will find yourself using it and that means more mags to buy, at around 30-40 quid a mag thats expensive (main reason the MP9 doesn't get used much)).

Socom gear I have heard mixed things, yes it is made by WE but in a different division and WE have recently upped their game so I am told.

To be honest 1911's are good but why not change and go for a TM or KJW hi-capa? It is 1911-esque and also better on gas and range.

To be honest my favourite pistols right now are my stock TM PX4 and maruzen p99 nbb, yes you sacrifice blowback but when 50 meters is achieved with .20's from a stock pistol, it gets my vote!

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
                    Well the M93 is a decent choice but can be very costly (If a pistol has full auto etc you will find yourself using it and that means more mags to buy, at around 30-40 quid a mag thats expensive (main reason the MP9 doesn't get used much)).

Socom gear I have heard mixed things, yes it is made by WE but in a different division and WE have recently upped their game so I am told.

To be honest 1911's are good but why not change and go for a TM or KJW hi-capa? It is 1911-esque and also better on gas and range.

To be honest my favourite pistols right now are my stock TM PX4 and maruzen p99 nbb, yes you sacrifice blowback but when 50 meters is achieved with .20's from a stock pistol, it gets my vote!
                    Yeah, I wanna try go for something different that you don't really see around the fields here, over here you don't see much different things, most people have AK's or M4's with a 1911 sidearm. I have a ASG STI Tactical hi-capa that I'm currently trying to sell. I want to be different from the crowd of M4/AK/1911 people, like something different, that can go with my MP5, we don't see much of those at are field either so it's a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                      Neither.

Both of them are bad guns for different reasons. The M93R is the better of those two but there are much better choices out there. I personally would not suggest anything with the WE / SG branding after seeing a total of 5 fail in my time, one of which I owned and tested and before it even failed the parts fit was awful.

'FireKnife'
                      Old gen WE, I agree with you.

Their new range is probably the best out there in my opinion. Amazing pistols
                      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
                        Old gen WE, I agree with you.

Their new range is probably the best out there in my opinion. Amazing pistols
                        wat
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

The new we range pistols are hit and miss dependant on the model . The gen 4 glocks are very good all round . The xdm is a good gun but minor issues have shown up , the Lugers are a joke . Read up in whichever model you buy . Each has its pros and cons
                          If you can live with plastic pistols go tm , and leave it plastic . It will work all year round for a very long time . The new m9 is a very good pistol an d now has an adjustable hop and decocker , whereas the old model was fixed hop .
                          The px4 , xdm ,are ridiculously good all year round . Big gas chambers and v limited cool down because if it .
                          If you are going metal Kwa ns2 / system 7 models only , avoid the earlier models .( still on sale at some places) Hop , barrel upgrade kits are available for most models nowadays . And they will run green / propane out of the box . The hop is a bit finicky on them , but once set they make very good strong skirmish guns .
                          Socom gear are very hit and miss. Bad fit if components , terrible tolerances and venting mags . I can always tell if someone is carrying one , because you hear them rattling in the holsters !

Comment

WE guns are still hit and miss. No matter how people cake it over with 'oh well 9/10 work' that is not good enough I would say. Bar the rare manufacturing fault to have (on average from what I have observed) 25% of your pistols develop a fault in the first one hundred rounds is not good. The new ones are no better than the old and after say a few months they are prone to breaking.

The only reason to buy a WE is if the model you want isn't made by anyone else to a skirmishable standard otherwise I personally wouldn't bother one bit with them.

I am quite sure that you could get a TM, KWA or even a KJ of the 1911 you want and it will work a lot better (save the KJs in the cold I have found).

'FireKnife'
                            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                              WE guns are still hit and miss. No matter how people cake it over with 'oh well 9/10 work' that is not good enough I would say. Bar the rare manufacturing fault to have (on average from what I have observed) 25% of your pistols develop a fault in the first one hundred rounds is not good. The new ones are no better than the old and after say a few months they are prone to breaking.

The only reason to buy a WE is if the model you want isn't made by anyone else to a skirmishable standard otherwise I personally wouldn't bother one bit with them.

I am quite sure that you could get a TM, KWA or even a KJ of the 1911 you want and it will work a lot better (save the KJs in the cold I have found).

'FireKnife'
                              Alright, thanks for the great advise, I will definitely use it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Zedhan Find out more about Zedhan
                              Working...
                              X