Games at Zero1 sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games at Zero1 sites

I have been looking at coming down for a few games that was until i had this line of text from a user selling his rif.

"I played at zero one and contact front. Not exactly dodgy sites...

They do offer chronoing but i was happy with how it fired so didn't see the point and I'm not
    Going out my way to get it chronoed just for a sales AD."

that was in response to me questioning the clarity of his ad. with him saying he didnt know the FPS dispite using it 8 or 10 times, and owning it for a year.

Well if this is true i dont think i could play at Zero or Contact sites with people potentially running around with hot guns.
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Re: Games at Zero1 sites

They do chromo guns down at GZ. I've had mine randomly checked by marshals during game play a few times now.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.

Comment

Seeing as the site is called Ground Zero are you sure he even knows what he is on about?

Though admittedly at GZW it is a case of about 200-300 players and one or two chronos so they will never get round to everyone. Not a good way to do things at all but then many sites with that many players don't chrono aside from the odd on the spot check.

Also as this post can be seen as against something linked to Zero One expect it to not be here soon.

'FireKnife'
      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

trust me i didnt want it too sound like im against Z1, but if im to play there i want to know that it is marshalled properly, and not letting some snot nose run around with his hot AEG peppering me from a few feet.

I wanted to check out Zero's site on a regular skirmish before i did the weekender.

Comment

Basically at the weekender you will have 1,500+ players.

There will be about 4-5 chronos for all of them. That is at best one chrono per 300 people. That would take assuming a typical 30 seconds per chrono 150 minutes or two and a half hours.

Yeah I don't think you will get every single gun chronoed and will have to rely on every single person being considerate enough not to bring a hot gun. Don't hold your breath.

It is a big site, it is not the best run but then many aren't and it will have issues related to the number of players in the same way that places like The Mall can become a series of bottlenecks at its maximum 100 players etc.

'FireKnife'
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Brit tac manage to chrono around 300 people with around 4-5 chrono's at there weekenders quite quickly so a big site like GZ that's getting 300 people at there game days I'm sure a few more chrono's won't break the bank.
            sigpic

Comment

True but for the weekender that problem is done five fold and then having enough staff to make sure no-one changes guns / isn't chronoed is a nightmare of their own devising sadly.

'FireKnife'

Comment

All guns get chrono'd at the GZ Urban. In fact the so day is so much better organised at the urban (same marshalling team but only 50-60 players) that I don't bother playing at the woodland site.

Comment

Yep, no one got chrono'd last time I was at GZ.
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Any reports of hot guns at the weekender is treated with urgency tag Nos being recorded and tracked down, also this year there is a chrono there all day Friday on the range. There will also be chronos taken around the dead zones.
                    Hope this helps as the weekender is only a few day away

Comment

GZW is my regular site - I personally have been random chrono'd twice in the past and I recall a game a few weeks back where someone got called out for a hot gun. Cue a chrono and an apologetic, slightly embaressed player (not the guy getting chrono'd).

I have also seen someone marched off site for deliberate use of a hot gun.

Airsoft is about honesty, to a degree. People who turn up with deliberately hot guns to cause injury should have their UKARA revoked and face lifetime bans from ALL UKARA registered sites IMHO.

RR

**insert witty remark**

Comment

Please bear in mind I'm not just on about the weekender here. I understand that that is not easy to chrono. But the standard game days.... That should be. Anyways the guy I'm talking about has now talen to being a bit of an arse about it. I just don't want to go to a site and get ventillated by a hot gun. If I can male sure mine is limited to the required limits then I expect others too.

Comment

i think GZW has only had one bad injury since they started about 13 years ago - I think that was a broken ankle where somebody was running about and tripped without wearing proper boots. I've never seen a bad injury from being shot down there myself.
                          Things I hate:
                          1. People who hate things.
                          2. Irony.
                          3. Lists.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

god84 Find out more about god84
                          Working...
                          X