Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolver/nbb range, thoughts please?

Hey all

Looking at changing up my loadout as I'm mostly playing cqb games these days to something a lot more mobile. I do tend to sneak or move around a lot so was thinking about going with a quieter pistol/shotgun loadout. I'll pickup one of those cheapy tri shots which will do fine for the shotgun but then my thoughts turned to what pistol. I had a 1911 in the past which had great range but this time I thought I'd go NBB for gas efficiency, plus noise.

Now I had a ruger in the past which was great but it put out very high fps so really wasn't cqb friendly. Do they do a lower fps version of that or can it be "turned down"?

Failing that I did think a nice revolver or two would be a good bet and fairly easy to pop rounds into in the field. Now from what I can see theres two main choices(unless others have suggestions?). The TM pythons and a tanaka. Now build quality etc aside can anyone attest to what their ranges are like please? I'm guessing the tanaka will have longer range due to it having an adjustable hop but would still like to hear from people who have tried them and the TM as to what they are like. And are there any other options people can recommend? Dont want models I have to change shells on. Range will be key because some of the cqb sites I play (UCAP, Swindon etc) have longer range sections.

I know a fair few of you will say go with GBB's but I fancy a change this time so please just people who have suggestions about the range on revolvers If it turns out the range isn't so hot on them may have to go with a MK23 or something similar. Or if you have another NBB to recommend please do so

thanks in advance

Az

Re: Revolver/nbb range, thoughts please?

I had a Socom Gemtech Oasis which threw 0.36's further than the sun. I got around the high fps issue by sanding down the striking hammer in front of a chrono till I got it down to 340.

Sorely regret selling it...

Comment

Tanakas don't have consistent range/accuracy, most most models anyway. That is one of the few advantages of the TMs. My J frame is ok out to 20m, my K frame 30 metres but a DA revolver takes a lot of practice to use well and they aren't all that accurate - I do get 100 shots per fill though, and they are beautiful guns. The TMs are more basic and nothing really special, plus you don't get any grip choice.

Comment

J frame and K frame are tanakas?

So even with a hop thats adjustable the tm's are more consistent accuracy wise?

and that gemtech looks like the ruger essentially. Looks a nice gun but double the price of a ruger.

Comment

Yeah didn't make that clear, I have a Tanaka S&W m442 (j frame) and S&W model 19 (k frame). They're usable, but yes a TM is more consistent and probably has better range.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

The tm mk23 is amazingly good, has been the best performing pistol I have owned. Fantastic range, accuracy and gas efficiency. Is also renowned as being the quietest pistol on the market. Only issue is the size making holsters hard to come by, I had a kydex retention holster made for mine and fits perfectly

Comment

my tanaka s+w m10 m+p is a thing of beauty, adjustable hop and adjustable power by screw adjustment on the hammer spring, i had issues with accuracy until i dried out the bb chambers of any lube, when that was done the accuracy was as good as any pistol, the lube allowed a random side spin of the bb on leaving the chamber ,drying it stop's this.compared to a TM python the Tanaka has more range and accuracy, the TM was awful not to mention the build quality, i had to put the Tanaka to my lips to tell the plastic parts from the metal, i bought it to convert into a webly but just could not bring myself to do it.

Comment

Size of the mk23 with silencer plus having to carry more mags has always put me off. Might have to try it though. Revolver or ruger would be preferable. Will end up with one of each I suspect.

Apur do your tanakas have fixed hop? And what range do you get from your tm?

- - - Updated - - -

Dadio what range do you get from it?

Comment

Maruzen p99 non-blowback?

- - - Updated - - -

Maruzen p99 non-blowback?
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

So good he said it twice.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Azarken Retired airsofter looking to get back into it Find out more about Azarken
                    Working...
                    X