spring sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring sniper rifles

since buying my bison701 and putting a few thousands shots through it best 60odd pounds ive spent.I see everyday in the for sale section loads of sniper rifles people have bought,used once or twice ,paid a lot of money for and then stated,snipeing not for me.Now would not it be better for them to buy a cheapo gun like mine then if they dont like it they can easily sell it and maybe lose 20quid against either not selling it because they cant get there money back, or loseing a lot of money on the sale.Its seems daft to me to pay a lot out just to try it once.By the way mine still shooting faultless after aprox now 5.000 shots.I think the only thing people would be put off is either you can not get a scope and the colour, but you dont need a scope as you really cant miss with it and i supose you can spray it.

Re: spring sniper rifles

I kind of agree with your point as it is pointless in wasting money if sniping isn't for you. But I would say you don't even necessarily need to buy a cheapo sniper to get a taste of the role. It is easy enough to just sit at the back with your AEG for a game and see how the role is and whether it suits your playing style. Then instead of spending more money on a cheap sniper which will be thrown away after a couple of weeks for a nice one, why not just save the money for a decent one and upgrades if you have decided you like the role.

Also a bison 701 won't particularly hold its own on an airsoft field in my opinion.

Comment

i think people also get hung up on the 500 fps bit, so they buy the gun upgrade it to be reliable at 500 fps before they even try sniping, they then and only then find it's not a skill that can be mastered in one game , have a lousy day and give up .
      in short yes you are entirely right , get a cheep one and learn the trade then when it's got to the point when you like it but want a better gun then spend the money.
      it's not for most , not for me , and that's a good thing ,can you imagine if half the players were snipers.... but it's a thing that many want to try, and why not , i'm all in favor of trying new stuff.

Comment

hi have never been in a game im a target shooter,but why would my bison not hold its own,its reliable and acurate enough to hit coke tins at 25/30yards ,so it depends how far a expensive one will shoot,I think most like to own a sniper rifle and that is the draw then they find they dont like it.

Comment

Thing is your bison is accurate to about the same range as most aeg rifles, so while u are stuck in single shot at standard range someone with full auto is going to be pinning you down. That's why for most people aiming to use snipers it is difficult because a lot of work is required to get that range and consistency to beat aeg's.

Comment

i get it , so the sniper has got to out shoot a aeg distance wise, did not think the aeg i have seen were much good over 20yards,mind you again they were cheapies,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

peter9 Find out more about peter9
            Working...
            X