Royal fail strikes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal fail strikes again!

Hi guys, the last year or so i have been sending goods with royal mail with out any issue including 3 aeg's.

yet both last week and yesterday ive now had issues big time.
    I know the last parcel i sent was a few months back and that things change, but i was shocked at how much it has changed.
    It felt like been quized by the police!, and then had a massive sheet of restricted goods shoved under my nose and was asked what was been sent, that i understand and should sign here etc.
    luckily i checked the website before hand as it states that low powered weapons CAN be sent all tho under conditions and you must be clear as to whats in the box when sending.
    so to my amazement last week and yesterday i went to send two parcels, explained as stated on the website, yet they refused to send.
    So double checked, yep read it right. Spoke to my local postie this morning who does airsoft himself and he concured your allowed to post etc.
    so why wont the post office itself send it?.

Its not quite an issue now in a sense as went in today with them packed differently and posted them as sports equipment and they sent without issue.

But my thing is, is why all the big issue with goods all of a sudden and why refuse to send if your clearly allowed to.
    Or do i need to lie every time i want to send a parcel now?

You must have alot of money if you're sending RIF's via royal mail!

Since their prices went up i use other. Company's

Sent from my phone using my fingers

Comment

Re: Royal fail strikes again!

I don't think I have once referred to what I am sending as 'airsoft' and instead stick to hobby / sports equipment which they accept. It is not a lie and it saves pointless hassle where the person on the other end of the counter argues rules that according to the website and sheet they then shove at you are fine with sending such items. Makes me laugh how poor the system is now and how it has just gotten worse since.

At the moment I am waiting on an item that was sent yesterday via Special Delivery, they have 1hr and 35mins left now to get my item to me. If they don't a refund will be sorted and a formal letter of complaint will be sent as this is getting beyond a joke now.

'FireKnife'
      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I am with Fire Knife on this.

Hobby equipment
        Sports equipment
        Model equipment

Although you can send RIFs, if you get a pain in the neck on the counter it simply is not worth the hassle.

Comment

ive noticed this aswell, luckily, i get on quite well with a few of the staff in teh PO so they know im not sending bombs ect, and that airsoft stuff is fine. but they are now required to check each and every parcel non-invasively.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I do NOT recommend getting it out and waving it about in the post office. It scares the little old ladies waiting for their stamps and the Police take a very dim view of the whole situation.

I agree. "sports equipment" and insurance all the way. Never had any problems.

Diplomacy is overrated.

Comment

Why using RM when you can use Parcelforce?

Maybe it's little more pricey,but it's spot on.
              Leave 52% Remain 48% UK VOTES OUT!

Comment

Because if you use PF directly it costs a fortune.

If you use RM, it cost less and they contact it out to PF so you get the same service for less money.

Comment

I always say they are paintball markers/parts for paintball markers. And no paint or compressed gases. They are always fine with that.

Comment

They don't contract it out to PF, because RM own PF

Comment

My biggest problem is the phantom postmen. The ones who "attempted delivery but no one was in" despite me being in. I was given a card stating this last Friday for 2 parcels and 2 packets. I then rescheduled a delivery for Tuesday (yesterday) and got the same card again. I personally think that they do this because they can't fit all their parcels in their bag so they pre-write cards and sneak into your garden to post the card, then run away.

I've posted several RIFs and I tend to just say it's just sporting goods. Never had a problem with regards to that so far.

If you are looking for an alternative, I talked to a high up manager in FedEx who said that they accept RIFs for internal posting within the UK but not exportation out of the UK. Their service is good and do same day pickups (within the hour too!).

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
                        They don't contract it out to PF, because RM own PF

Too-may-tow / to-mar-tow

Either way, you post it at the post office and a PF truck delivers it!

Comment

Originally posted by eyley View Post
                          I do NOT recommend getting it out and waving it about in the post office. It scares the little old ladies waiting for their stamps and the Police take a very dim view of the whole situation.
                          Well if you want to flash your 'weapon' in the post office you might get a public indecency charge :p.

'FireKnife'
                          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Has this happen to me alot. The amount of times I've sprinted down my street(which is a main road by the way), with my dressing gown flying behind me, waving the little red card at an abashed looking postmen is ridiculous.

Comment

ive only once had a 'phantom' as you put it, who i followed to his next stop and confronted and made him come back and deliver it properly! i was even outside (to the side of my house) at the time behind an open gate... i heard the letter box (no knock) and saw him get in his van and drive off to the next stop round the corner!
                              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Darkmikey22 Find out more about Darkmikey22
                              Working...
                              X