A few questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions..

Over here in Northern Ireland, we have an FPS limit of 328. If I want to use a sniper or a normal AEG with heavier weight BB's in it, and it decreases the FPS, will it affect the range and accuracy? I want to start using a sniper, but this is one of my concerns about it.

Thanks, any reply is appreciated!

Re: A few questions..

You have to take into consideration that using a heavier bb will not mean it passes chrono legit.

It needs to be 328 on a .2.

so lets say your Sniper rifle may be shooting at 350fps, on a .2 but on a .28 it may knock it down to 300. your still firing too hot for your sites regulations.
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

I understand it has to be 328 with a .2, but I mean, if it is at 328 with a .2 and I use a heavier BB and it drops to maybe 315, will that effect the range at all?

Comment

It will effect the range.. it will give an extra 4-5 metres before it drops. However, you would still have to make sure it chronos on a .2 at 328.

Comment

Wait so it will give it EXTRA range with a heavier BB??

Comment

Yep, sounds mad but it's true. Heavier objects, although at the same energy they may travel at a slower speed, hold their speed for longer, and so travel further! 'dem physics!

http://mackila.com/airsoft/atp/

^ This may help.

Comment

Ah, I see, what gram of BB would you recommend for a gun shooting at 320-328FPS?

Comment

.25 to .28 nothing more.

Comment

How much FPS is it going to drop off the gun?
                  If I'm going outdoors should I purchase biodegradable BB's?

Comment

.25's should be 300 .28s 280-290 maybe.

er, as for BIO's depends on your site, and how GREEN you feel haha. But i have read reviews that dont make me want to have them shot at my mesh mask!

Comment

Yeah I've heard about them messing up peoples eyes when they wear mesh, I think I will stick to the regulars, I don't want to be blamed for someone going blind!
                      Thanks for taking your time to answer all of my questions, in the sense of range and accuracy, FPS doesn't matter much?

Comment

No, but be warned... playing the role of the sniper in airsoft can be quite distressing.

I have a 420fps Hurricane m82 Barrett, LOCKED to semi only, and theres times i would rather use it as a club to make someone take their hits! As what you really need to maximise the role of the sniper is the other team to be wary of single bb shots and honest.

Honesty when it comes to sniping is the most important thing.

Sorry if that dont make sense, im working a night shift and i have been awake since 2pm yesturday afternoon lol

Just to say, leave your cheques in the mail

Comment

I understand what you mean, I've been told about how stressful it can be and such, I could get a drum mag and flip to full auto and let them know they are hit.

Comment

Can i ask what type of sniper rifle you getting? or you getting a DMR?

Comment

I don't know if it counts as a sniper rifle, but you could sure use it as one.
                              I am looking to buy the JG SL8.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Zedhan Find out more about Zedhan
                              Working...
                              X