range of guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• range of guns

as i usualy fire air pistol target shooting i also shoot air rifles as well as my fav bison 701 sniper bb gun, now reading some claims i tested my air rifle,my 12ftlb .22 will launch a standard 14 grn pellet way over 100 yards, admittedly the energy will be largely spent over this range. If the zero is 25 yards you would expect a drop of around 24 inches (60cms) at 100yds approx, now i could not kill anything at this range so what counts as a kill in airsoft, just a touch of the pellet or do u have to feel a thud. and how far are you with a bb gun at 100yards as some claim aiming over the target, allowing for drop.

Re: range of guns

As long as the bb touches directly (ricochets and rollers don't count) either yourself or your kit, its classed as a hit.
    Suspension of disbelief and all that jazz.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

If the shot goes from your gun barrel into the target, not hitting their gun or another solid object along the way it is a hit.

As to whether the other person feels it or not is a matter of honesty or if it is even felt. Sure at the last metre of flight you could mistake it for something else, especially in dense woodland but if you are all of 5m away it would register.

Personally I don't count a shot unless the trajectory is near flat. The second I see people lobbing shots I just sit and laugh at them and watch them go mad when alll they really need to do is move about 2-3m closer and fire again.

I know some places have tried shot placement rules but they are too easily open to abuse.

'FireKnife'
      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

as above direct hits.
        although leaves and that bumf dont count as 'solid' objects...
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Yeah that is true, I meant solid cover. Leaves and the like don't count.

If you wish to play at range though it will require cash and some good position finding / fieldcraft.

'FireKnife'
          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

peter9 Find out more about peter9
          Working...
          X