Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

best way to get big range and good accuracy from aeg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to get big range and good accuracy from aeg.

Thought I'd post this in here too.
    I realise there is no definitive answer to this but I'd like peoples advice and opinions on how to get maximum range and accuracy from my vfc 416 m27. I've just ordered a pdi w hold bucking and am thinking of ordering a firefly bucking and nub. Is this a wise move? What would you all suggest I do for the best? BTW I have two identical stock barrels and hop units to work with hence the ordering several buckings. Also trying to find SCS nubs but having no luck. Trying to stay away from r hop as its far too complex. Also any advice about installing a w hold and a firefly bucking would be great. Thanks. Should've mentioned I'm using 0.25s already with a lonex 50 bucking and the accuracy is good I just want more range, basically as much as possible. I'd estimate the truly effective range to be about 40m atm.

Re: best way to get big range and good accuracy from aeg.

Shooting downwards from a tower block / tall building is a definite way to increase your guns range !!

Comment

fight in a zero g vacuum

Comment

Maybe your fps is a too low? An effective range of 40 metres would suggest an fps of around 280 with .25's assuming your hop is working. You could have an air leak. Unfortunately airsoft is bound by the laws of physics and a good hop will help to keep your bb up in the air but if it doesn't have enough oomph behind it, it won't go too far either way.
        Typically a muzzle velocity of 1 joule with a hop should give you a maximum range of approx 50 metres just for reference.

Comment

tightbore barrel and a good hop unit/rubber
          you dont need fps for range
          my tm recoil is only firing 310fps and has insane range and accuracy
          "you dont need to see my UKARA.........I have a wrist band :P"

Comment

Originally posted by assimilate View Post
            Yes you do. It's called physics. A well set up gun firing at 310fps will be out-ranged by a well set up gun firing at 360fps. Some guy did a paper on it.
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

G3 with £800 worth of upgrades is the only way.
              Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by BioShocked View Post
                G3 with £800 worth of upgrades is the only way.
                This must never die.
                "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                  Yes you do. It's called physics. A well set up gun firing at 310fps will be out-ranged by a well set up gun firing at 360fps. Some guy did a paper on it.
                  tm recoil stock firing 310fps
                  hop setup perfectly
                  outranges most aeg's out there
                  also find a site that will allow an aeg firing at over 350fps

dont forget the g3 was also blessed by the pope and covered in unicorn shit
                  "you dont need to see my UKARA.........I have a wrist band :P"

Comment

You totally missed the point there !
                    Now put it alongside an identical tm gun firing at 350 fps , which one will have the better range ?
                    I know a couple of sites that play at 370 fps . Not the norm but they do exist .
                    A faster traveling bb is also affected less by side winds etc due to its faster flight time and increased forward velocity .

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                      Originally posted by assimilate View Post
                      You don't need a paper to tell you that - the faster you throw an object, the further it goes!

The key part of any airsoft gun, performance wise, is the hop-up. A well set up hop can give great range and accuracy even at well below 300 fps - just look at TM pistols, or their older AEGs. Similarly, a bad hop can ruin an otherwise great gun shooting at 349.9999 fps. It really pays to give your hop some attention. If you're not willing to fit an R-hop (not too difficult, a little bit fiddly) then for UK power levels you want a fairly soft bucking (to grip the BBs) and a hard, stable hop nub.

Heavier BBs will help increase your range and accuracy, assuming your hop can lift them. Use the heaviest you can afford.

However, assuming you've got your hop all squared away, the only other thing you can do to increase range is increase the power level.

Comment

Maybe the 360fps suggestion was off target, but a site friendly 348fps gun identical in every other way to the 310fps gun WILL out range it.

Gravity acts on the BB at all times. If it travels at 150fps that means gravity is pulling it down all the time and in that one second it has travelled 150 feet.

If it is firing at 300fps, it will have the same time for gravity to affect it, but travel twice the distance.

A good hop is key to range and accuracy, but I. Identical set ups where only the fps is different, the higher fps will go further.

Comment

Also the hop up components between your TM recoil and another gun is different, if you where to put a bigger spring in your TM recoil then you would get slightly more range, using optimal BB weights and installing LRB and ER-Hop mods will also increase range slightly.
                          PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Grab a maple leaf monster hop, closest thing to a drop in r-hop, works on the same principal, and comes with the correct nub, just about the best £6 or so I've ever spent.
                            Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Comment

Right well my fps is right on the legal limit on 0.2s and I think it's around 300 on 0.25s. And by effective range I mean without looping the bbs at all. I guess theoretically there could be a slight leak somewhere as 350 fps on 0.2s should really be around 313 on 0.25s so who knows bit I'm planning to do some more work on it soon so I'll post again once it's finished thanks anyway guys I'm gonna play with a few different options on the hop. Found a nub which is very similar to an scs and I've ordered a pdi w hold hop rubber, a systema and another guarded clear, might also try the maple leaf monster if I can get one and if none of this works I'll either try a firefly or attempt the r hop again/find a tech who can do them lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CJC Find out more about CJC
                              Working...
                              X