Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single vs tri shot shotgun, and south west CQB sites

Hi Guys

Come back to airsoft after a break and this time we're mainly playing CQB sites. After trying a few guns again decided to switch to a quicker lighter loadout and get a NBB pistol for gas efficiency and for those quieter shots (IE mk23, gemtech oasis, p99), and then a shotgun for when I want longer range or a bit more firepower. Now I've owned both the TM and DE shotguns in the past and quite like them but I know that because it's firing 3 a time, with a fixed hop, in a triangle spread they aren't always going exactly where the guns pointing past a certain range. With that in mind I was looking this time at the possibility of maybe a G&P M870 perhaps. So I was wondering from those who've used one or both how do they compare range/accuracy wise? Is having the extra bb's from the tri shot a bigger advantage or is the mobility and accuracy on the 870's better? and how reliable are the 870's? Advice gratefully received

Also I'm struggling a bit to find cqb sites in the south west so if anyone can offer any up that'd be great. I live near Cheddar in northern Somerset and the ones I'm aware of are:

UCAP bunker
    Swindon cqb (which is closing)
    Bristol courthouse

Trying to find out of UCZ bunker in exeter still does games but cant find anything except paintball for there on google. The killhouse that was in newport doesnt seem to show up anywhere either. So site recommendations gratefully received also.

thanks

Az

Re: Single vs tri shot shotgun, and south west CQB sites

the single shot springer shotgun,is imo equivalent to a short range sniper under 30 meters,which could be adequate
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I've always been of the attitude that a shotgun firing one BB is just like any other springer. I'd personally go with the Tri Shot, a TM preferably, or even an ACM M500.

Comment

yea was just wondering though if the single shot gave a bit more accuracy because I found on the tri shots that even the central barrel spread a bit at range making 15-20m+ shots harder.

As for the acm500 I'm guessing you're talking the gas ones. Had 2 and loved em but found em a bit unreliable build quality wise. Plus looking for something with a bit more range. Because the barrel on em is so short and it fires 3-5 at a time the range lacks a bit.

Comment

The range is lacking because they don't have any hop-up! If you can mod one in, they have good range.

The Maruzen and G&P springer 870s are very accurate yes (I used to have one), mags are cheap too. But they are essentially the same as an AEG on semi so unless you just love shotguns they are semi pointless.

Comment

@snowman how do u mod a hop into an m500?

@Azar, using my TM SPAS 12 i can be in the back of courtroom 1 and hit someone at customer entrance if you no where im talking about.
            Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Personally I would say it is best to just get a tri-shot or one of the KTW one / two shot Ithacas.

'FireKnife'
              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

tri shot is the way to go!
                Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

I had a ktw one a bit ago and didnt care for it too much. That was a lot down to the fact it was constantly going wrong I suspect though.

@God84 thanks I know exactly where you mean. I guess before I was in more cluttered foliage/obstacle based sites so it might be in cqb places I have more joy with a tri shot. I'm more thinking of places with longer rooms like ucap where having that extra reach or firepower will be handy. Bonus of the tri shots is their cheaper :P

Comment

If you're adamant on a single shot and really value the accuracy and range I'd look for a KTW/Dong San SPAS12...

They shoot laser straight and a lot further than you'd imagine.

Comment

As I said had a ktw and didnt have a lot of luck with it. Not set on a signle shot just wondered if it'd get me more accuracy.

Comment

OK so after a bit more digging seems at range the 2 outer barrels of the DE's are a bit less accurate say over the TM's. Out of interest though as no ones really said yet how is the range of the tri shots vs the range on the G&P 870's?

Comment

doyou really need range playing room to room cqb. i think id rather have spread
                          Current : Systema Mk18 CQBR, KSC Glock 17

Wanted : TM VSR Gspec, TM Sig 226

Comment

At some sites yes I do Liam. Ucap for example and Swindon has a few long range areas where range will be handy

Comment

the thing I realy like about the tri-shot is when your getting multipul hits with it folk tend to notice their hits better than oppose to a single shot.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Azarken Retired airsofter looking to get back into it Find out more about Azarken
                              Working...
                              X