Any airsofters from essex here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any airsofters from essex here ?

Like the title says .... any airsofters from Essex here ? anyone play at Billericay ?

Re: Any airsofters from essex here ?

Colchester area. I usually play at AirsoftGB - a couple of guys from there have been down to Billericay before, but I never have.
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Comment

Yes indeed, based near Chelmsford and play at Billiericay quite often. Have been playing with FCS a lot more recently though, as prefer their game styles. You can check them out on facebook or their site - www.firefight.co.uk ; maybe can catch up at one of their games!

Feel free to PM me if you want any advice if your new to the sport/area

Comment

Yes, Chelmsford.

Billiericky is where my UKARA is registered. It's ok, cheap, organised, good tech at the well stocked site shop. I'm not a huge fan of their style of play and martialing though ("you lot go there and you can't go past the logs or outside of this 10 meter square area while the other team shoot at you until you're all dead or the enemy rush in not taking hits and touch a flag which automatically means you are all dead or you'll get shouted at like a child"), but that's personal opinion as I prefer freedom to show a bit of flair while playing and it certainly doesn't stop me going there for a run about and a skirmish. The dense wooded areas are fun.

My favorite place in Essex that I've played at is Dragon's Lair, closely followed by AirsoftGB.
        “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Yep Colchester,
          Essex is getting better for sites as use Ravens in Ipswich and recently Fallout in Chelmsford, new site but loads of promise, never had chance to try Billericay or AirsoftGB yet but on my list so is Sandpit and Dropzone. Only thing really missing is a CQB site.
          sigpic

Comment

AirsoftGB's CQB site is very good, now they've re-jigged it around etc. At the next game planning meeting, I'm going to suggest moving the buildings from the CQB to the 'RAF' site.

Trouble has suggested this before, and I think it would make for very good gameplay. It would give the site a village/industrial/woodlan/open-farmland feel. Perfect.
            sigpic
            "I are God, lol."

Comment

good to see some local boys , il give the airsoftgb place a look I been told the game style at Billericay has changed from when I played there years ago but im gona also try the guys from " rules of engagement " airsoft shop's site they a good bunch of blokes so will be fun to go to a few new places

- - - Updated - - -

just looked at there site whats the fps limits they run ? I couldn't see it on the website ( airsoftgb )

Comment

Airsoft GB FPS Limits:

Fully automatic weapons - 370 fps
                Semi-auto weapons - 400 fps (Around that mark, not sure without checking)
                Single-action sniper rifles - 500 fps

----- EDIT -----

As far as I'm informed, this remains the same, despite recently abolishing the 'Bang' rule due to abuse of the rule in the form of 'blind banging'...
                sigpic
                "I are God, lol."

Comment

Originally posted by WillGreen View Post
                  At the next game planning meeting, I'm going to suggest moving the buildings from the CQB to the 'RAF' site.
                  I spoke to one of the guys from GB yesterday, and they told me they were trying to get some more cover anyway, as well as MORE buildings for the CQB site.
                  sigpic
                  "I are God, lol."

Comment

down in brentwood here. havent tried dragonslair yet (and i could walk to it its that close) but have played at ravens in ipswich (just dont bother) but if you are gonna go that far just go a tad further and go to gunman at tuddenham, great crowd and great site.

now im living down here though my go to site is ucap sandpit, great site again, in fact epic and some pretty good marshalling - though you do have the odd individual that cant handle that their 100quid cheapo cant reach but thats life. i can also highly recommend airsoft plantation at stock, just 5 minutes from the ricci, another site with some top notch marshalling, just dont go there after or if its raining as it turns in to a swamp.
                    will have to look at some of the others listed here over coming months as i need to get some more games now im more settled in the area.

Millest's Mediocre Meanderings
                    Millest's Ebay

Comment

Originally posted by millest View Post
                      down in brentwood here. havent tried dragonslair yet (and i could walk to it its that close) but have played at ravens in ipswich (just dont bother) but if you are gonna go that far just go a tad further and go to gunman at tuddenham, great crowd and great site.

now im living down here though my go to site is ucap sandpit, great site again, in fact epic and some pretty good marshalling - though you do have the odd individual that cant handle that their 100quid cheapo cant reach but thats life. i can also highly recommend airsoft plantation at stock, just 5 minutes from the ricci, another site with some top notch marshalling, just dont go there after or if its raining as it turns in to a swamp.
                      will have to look at some of the others listed here over coming months as i need to get some more games now im more settled in the area.
                      You should try Dragon's Lair, especially if you live near by. I rate it, especially the marshals and the way it's run. There's a night game there on 28th, normal skirmish this Sunday.

I went to Tuddenham a couple of times and enjoyed it the first time, I really like the ammo limits, the way the games are run and the venue but their ridiculous anti ghillie rule makes it a big no go for me. They effectively have an infinite distance bang rule on anybody wearing a ghillie. If a sniper is being shot at, even if the BBs are falling 10 meters short the guy wearing the ghillie has to take it as a hit. The most ridiculous thing I've ever come across in the ******* *****. Even if you have a camo hat/boonie with leaves and grass in it you're subject to the "you've been spotted so you're dead" rule. Very odd.
                      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

I went to Tuddenham a couple of times and enjoyed it the first time, I really like the ammo limits, the way the games are run and the venue but their ridiculous anti ghillie rule makes it a big no go for me. They effectively have an infinite distance bang rule on anybody wearing a ghillie. If a sniper is being shot at, even if the BBs are falling 10 meters short the guy wearing the ghillie has to take it as a hit. The most ridiculous thing I've ever come across in the ******* *****. Even if you have a camo hat/boonie with leaves and grass in it you're subject to the "you've been spotted so you're dead" rule. Very odd.
                        Oh dear........... My my my.....
                        sigpic
                        "I are God, lol."

Comment

not seen their ghille rule before, how long ago was that as its either quite old or quite new (havent been in 4 months or so) might have to talk nicely to the mrs about letting me out to play on the 28th, though thats assuming my rifles are back, could you PM me some details on the night game please mate
                          looking forward to getting down to sandpit on the 13th of oct though, been 3 months since i last played anywhere

Millest's Mediocre Meanderings
                          Millest's Ebay

Comment

Originally posted by heckler View Post
                            Like the title says .... any airsofters from Essex here ? anyone play at Billericay ?
                            Is that near east angular ??? Lol

Comment

In all seriousness - if you don't mind travelling a short distance into Kent.. there's two very good sites run by FCS that I play at.. one that's pure CQB and one thats a very nice woodland site... worth a look!

www.firefight.co.uk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

heckler BACK AFTER 4 YEARS AWAY FROM SKIRMISHING . I MISSED MY GUNS Find out more about heckler
                              Working...
                              X