Taking the mick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the mick

This is starting to get stupid now. Way too many people signing up to this forum then trying to circumvent the system and buy rif's. I have my m4 for sale at the moment but seem to be getting a lot of interest from people who have been on the forum for a day or two, with no contribution to any thread trying to buy it for silly money.
    To those doing it, read the rules, know the law. It's not tricky.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Re: Taking the mick

Not wanting to drop folk in the shit or anything, but when this kind of thing happens, intentionally trying to circumvent legal and site processes, do we have to report them? or is that down to the judgement of the seller if its particularly shady?
    Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

whats to dislike mate? it was an honest question?

Comment

Dob them in... no doubt in my mind. You could be saving someone's @rse in the long run.

Comment

I wasnt sure to be honest. theres always a lot of talk and advice on here about the right way to purchase RIF's and equipment, and youre always hearing about someone trying to pull a swifty to buy a RIF when theyre underage/no defence etc. What doesnt get brought up is what to do in the event of something like this? Do we let it slide, warn them off or tell a mod?

Comment

Personally, I think they should be reported.

I know that sounds like a little school playground snitch, but my mortgage relies on the income from our site and shop. The food my kids eat rely on the same income.

I am not going to be hungry and homeless because some moron broke the law and airsoft was once again a target for the government's ban hammer.

Report them at the earliest opportunity. You could be wrong and it delays them buying a RIF but that compared to the alternative in definitely the lesser of 2 evils.

Comment

I find it comforting that the money i will be spending on my new gun will go towards turkey drummers and alphabetti spaghetti mate

Comment

They should be reported... they are putting our sport at risk and the least we can do is report it on.

Comment

Its a shame really as from my limited time in the sport compared to some guys, it seems that its a minority that put the sport at risk. But at the same time, given the nature of it and the knee-jerk reaction people tend to have these days, it will be the minority that buries it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
                    I find it comforting that the money i will be spending on my new gun will go towards turkey drummers and alphabetti spaghetti mate
                    You can spell UKARA with alphabetti spaghetti!
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I can jsut see you now Snowy, picking out all the letters to make "UKARA LICENSE"

Comment

Unless they are under 18 the attempting buyers with no defence are not committing any offence or breaking any laws. The only thing they are guilty of is time wasting.

The law is only broken if the seller actually sells them the RIF and it is the SELLER that has committed the crime.

Under 18's trying to buy a RIF or 2-tone are committing an offence so could be reported - but the big question is: who to? The Police? I don't think so, loads of complaints about this will just get a blanket ban on Airsoft weapons. The only reporting that can be done is to the forum mods who will put an 'Under 18' tag on them.
                        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

"UKARA LICENCE"
                          We're not yanks.

Comment

turkey drummers and alphabetti spaghetti
                            Damn you and your hoity toity, fancy pants meal!

I'm stuck with plain old beans on toast.

You bloody snob!!!

Comment

HEY! i cant help it if i was raised with the finest food available. I bet you'd give me shit for feeding MicroChips to a toddler.
                              you utter peasant.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                              We're not yanks.
                              The spelling? sorry fella, force of habit from having to spell it like that for some of the tards i work with

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Snowdrop Find out more about Snowdrop
                              Working...
                              X